ACDelco plugs(Platnium??) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ACDelco plugs(Platnium??)

MegaHyp
11-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey guys, over the summer i had a misfire in cylinder #5. today i went to get new sparkplugs and they were $6 a peice!! Is this the normal price for the ACDelco plugs?? i told the guy i wanted stock ones and he said they were. These are the platnium series ones. i just wanna make sure before i drop $40 on plugs.

AznGA
11-12-2004, 06:04 PM
http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GN3001&Product_Count=6&Category_Code=GAUNDER
Isn't ACDelco what factory uses? Why not get these ones for same price? These have to be better than stock ones....

iceman1793
11-12-2004, 06:12 PM
I paid $5.99 for each one at Auto Zone.

abusedgt97
11-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Don't bother with the aftermarkerts, when it comes to plugs and wires stick with the stock ones, they are better. Get the AC Delco platinums they run about $6 at autozone. You can probably get them cheaper from the dealer.

Malaclypse
11-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Note: NGK Iridiums are stock in ANY Gen III or Gen IV V8. This includes the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, LS1/6, LS2 and likely the LS7. (The plugs are just rebadged as Delco Iridium/Proffessional. Can't remember which.)

NGKs are great substitutes for any GM engine due to the ability to change heat ranges. Be aware that any NGK plug that doesn't say its platinum or iridium core is a copper core. While they work just as good as or better than stock, they need to be replaced much more often.

john_ertw
11-13-2004, 10:07 AM
I currently have NGK G-Power platinum plugs in my 3.4L grand am. I've had this setup for about 3 months and 10,000km and have not had any power or fuel usage issues. I've heard the iridium NGKs are also ok with this engine.

Otherwise you already know the Delcos work well.

Carmaniac
11-13-2004, 06:15 PM
i got the rapidfires for 2.something a piece at gmpartsdirect.com.

Special Ross
11-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Note: NGK Iridiums are stock in ANY Gen III or Gen IV V8. This includes the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, LS1/6, LS2 and likely the LS7. (The plugs are just rebadged as Delco Iridium/Proffessional. Can't remember which.)

NGKs are great substitutes for any GM engine due to the ability to change heat ranges. Be aware that any NGK plug that doesn't say its platinum or iridium core is a copper core. While they work just as good as or better than stock, they need to be replaced much more often.

I thought the LS1/6 use denso iridiums?

Malaclypse
11-14-2004, 12:24 AM
I could be wrong on which plug the LS1/6 uses because I don't do tune-ups on those near as often as I do trucks.

In either case, NGK is a good aftermarket option for plugs.