Gas Tank [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tank

Ridenour
11-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm wondering, is the Grand Am faster with very little gas or a full tank? I cant exactly discern a difference, but I'm wondering: would it be faster empty cause of the less weight, or full, because of the higher gas line pressure? Anybody know? Thanks.

Ridenour
11-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Noone knows eh?

Slim
11-16-2004, 07:10 AM
It will be faster with less gas. Gasoline weighs roughly 6lbs per gallon....

Azrael
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I feel a fairly big difference in handling and acceleration when going from a 1/4 tank to full. If the weight was more spread out the difference in handling wouldn't have been as big.

Ridenour
11-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Alright thanx - I was kind of leaning towards the direction of less gas. Another question: I notice when I have my tank 1/4 full or less, coupled with my roughly 100 pd. weight reduction, my back end is very light, and i get a couple inches of rear wheel hop when I go around tight corners (especially on rough pavement) I don't mind the wheel hop, but is it bad for my allignment or anything? It's not a big deal, but if bouncin sideways like that is gonna mess up my rear alignment, i might end up putting my spare back in to help keep the back end down. Any thoughts?