HID brights, need some suggestions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HID brights, need some suggestions

BadGT471
11-15-2004, 10:50 AM
Ok guys, I should be receiving my HID conversion Kit anyday (4300K). I reniged on the 6000K and with the 4300K because i want the most light output as possible.. Anyways, what do I do about my high beams? Will the HID kit put out enough light that brights aren't necessary? I also have the Hella Angel eye driving lights where my fog lights are... The ones you buy on PFYC.com. Should I aim those up more and just use them when it's really dark? I don't know what to do.. What have you all done? Will I see as well with HID's (4300K) as I did with my Halo's on High beam?

Thanks Much,
Jeff

XMBlackGT1
11-16-2004, 08:07 AM
As long as you get them aimed properly, you wont need high beams. I have a HI/LO system in my car and I never use the high beam, because there is no need. Haven't used the fog lamps since I had HID installed either. Mine is a 6K kit and there is a TON of light.

Azrael
11-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Save your driving lights for bad weather as HIDs are known to be bad in fog/rain/snowfall.

BadGT471
11-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I thought HID's were helpful in inclement weather conditions? I guess I was wrong on that lol! Anyways, how much lower do I have to aim the HID's then where the stock Halogens are aimed? Do I want to point the HID's more towards the ground? Anyone have a useful link or website that explains how to aim these conversion kits?

Thanks,
Jeff

Rba007
11-16-2004, 06:07 PM
We went over this man... Lower does mean closer to the ground. Youre gonna have to judge how far, becaue you will blind people with a kit at stock levels.

Hids arent so hot in crapy weather because they reflect a lot. Youll see. Just like I told you about...

As far as a link, the webpage i told you about many times will help you out.