after unplugging battery... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : after unplugging battery...

BiHStL
11-15-2004, 09:21 PM
So if i unplug my battery, will i be locked out of the stock monsoon headunit. I have read about calling some number to get a code, but the thread was quite old so i thought that might have changed.

2003GaGt1
11-15-2004, 09:24 PM
Nope, disconnected my battery many times.. stations stay the same but clock resets

02andahalfgt
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
You'll only be 'locked out' if you set the Theftlock on the head unit. In that case it's a number you choose, so you can't call anyone to find this number. And if you do set the code, for God's sake, write it down! It's expensive as hell to have the dealer reset the head unit if you lose your code.

CyberianHusky
03-12-2005, 06:59 PM
In my case the dealer must've set it and never gave me the code. So as of today (when I unhooked my battery) I am SOL. hooray.

UNCTYPE-S
03-12-2005, 07:05 PM
look in the manual. sometimes theirs a little card that shows the code that the dealer writes down if you bought it used. if not, the the default code is 1234 i believe.

Panacea
03-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Otherwise explain your situation to the dealer and they will probably unlock it for free.

brsexton
03-13-2005, 06:11 AM
You'll only be 'locked out' if you set the Theftlock on the head unit. In that case it's a number you choose, so you can't call anyone to find this number. And if you do set the code, for God's sake, write it down! It's expensive as hell to have the dealer reset the head unit if you lose your code.

Not true. Theftlock only activates when the radio is installed in another car. The cars BCM communicates with the radio's in all GM cars 01-now. The radio learns a part of your VIN from the BCM. Unhooking the bat will not cause it to "lock". Now when you install a OEM radio in a different car, you have to take the car to the dealer, and have them hook the tech2 scanner and force the radio to relearn the BCM info. The pre 01 radio's did use a code you would have to put in.

2002AmSE
03-13-2005, 08:07 AM
The thread that you saw that told you how to unlock your Monsoon HU does work. It uses a special key combo on the HU that gives you a 6(?) digit code that you type into the phone and it will give a response code to give to the HU. It is what the dealers use to reset it! ...Someone working at a dealership posted it.

CyberianHusky
03-13-2005, 07:03 PM
The dealer code did not work for me today. Has anyone else tried it lately? Maybe they discontinued that code since it has been posted all over the net.