Ignition Stuck [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Stuck

ErA
11-16-2004, 07:25 PM
My Ignition literaly is stuck. I put the key in, it makes the noice that my key is in the ignition when i open my door, But the ignition wont turn, Ive tried Jumping it, Ive tried another key, Ive tryed jacking up the front end, ive tried jerking the stearing wheel, The wheel wast locked when the problem started in the frist place, It is in Park so its not that. HELP!!! :hang:

BBeyer8604
11-16-2004, 08:22 PM
Okay, think I might be able to help. When you stick your key it, will it not turn at all? As if it was completely stuck?

Rba007
11-16-2004, 08:53 PM
thats what he's sayin. Its happened to me as well, but fixed itself after a few hours.

BBeyer8604
11-18-2004, 07:30 PM
Mine happened too, and a guy I know with a Grand Prix. What the locksmith hold him to do was this: it worked for me as well. (Our ignition is on the dash area" - put the key in as usaul and then tap it in with a hammer. It breaks the column loose so it will crank. It does not do damage. I did not have a hammer with me, so I had to use the palm of my hand and jam it in. Its a pain, but it worked: hope that helps. Sounds crazy....