Weird Squeak/Rattle, what should I look for? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Weird Squeak/Rattle, what should I look for?

BadGT471
11-16-2004, 09:53 PM
This is really weird. I took my 02 GAGT through an automatic touchless carwash tonight. It's about 55 degrees out... Anyways, on my way home I have to go down a somewhat bumpy road. It's not really bad, but it's got a few decent bumps in it. Well, tonight after I got the car washed when I was hitting the bumps and any bump in the road, something in the back of the car was squeaking. It sounded like the back window.. It sounds like that sound you hear when your back window is covered in ice and you get the "squeaking" sound when you hit bumps and what not... I am not sure what to look for, or what this may be. Does anyone have any clue? I have ONE sub, but it's not usually up that loud, so I'm guessin I didn't knock the window loose, but who knows...

Thanks,
Jeff

2003GaGt1
11-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I doubt that the sub did anything to the window

cousinD
11-17-2004, 09:59 PM
get use to the squeeking. Theres more to come.

SC/TGrandAm
11-17-2004, 10:01 PM
my car squeeks all over, the interior rattles. My exhaust rattles, the heat shield rattles. When i close my doors something under the car rattles. POS.

Skullrot
11-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Check the antenna. If you used a brush car wash they sometimes loosen them up and can cause the rattle/squeak. There right thou, more noise will come and you have to learn which ones are the bad ones.

Panacea
11-18-2004, 05:11 AM
I'm guessing antenna or exhaust.

DevilSlayer
11-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow. I must be one lucky SOB. I've been reading around here and I haven't noticed a damn thing wrong with my car. No problems with tranny from 1st to 2nd during WOT. No lights turning on, no vibrations, no rattling. As for the squeaks, I had the problem last winter. Couldn't tell where the sound was coming from, but one morning after some heavy snow (44 inches to be exact) my wind shield had a crack. I got the wind shield replaced and there was no more squeak.

It might be your rear window. But thats just me. What kind of squeak is it? Does it sound like metal squeaking? Is it possible that the rear springs could be squeaking since you go over these bumps a lot?