who can solve my problem the easyest? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : who can solve my problem the easyest?

firedancer
11-18-2004, 05:17 PM
My cd player remote fell into my ac vent in the center of my car. I can not see the thin 2by3 remote. my hand is too big? I dont want to take my whole dash apart? I have even tryed tools such as a mirror on a stick, a light on a string, and a claw device. It's like a neetle in a hay stack.

Vimjah
11-18-2004, 09:46 PM
*rolls on floor laughing* hahaha.... sorry dude.. that's too funny.... but if you can't get it out through the vent, it's probly time to start taking stuff apart :)

DarkKnight
11-19-2004, 12:58 AM
Have you tried gum on a stick yet? lol J/K... Anyway you just have to patient and try using your claw tool. I assume you mean it fell into the vent closest to the winshield. If worse comes to worse, just pay to have the windsheild pulled off and reinstalled. While it's off you can get the remote out. If you don't mind the expense, it's certainly a lot easier and less time consuming than ripping out the dash.

SC/TGrandAm
11-19-2004, 05:39 AM
If you pull the windshield you still wont have access to the vents.... that will be a waste of time and money.

I think your screwed even if you take the dash apart you wont be able to see inside of the vent ducts, your going to have to do some cutting. You might try jacking the front of the car up as high as you can get it in hopes that it will knock the remote farther to the front.

carsarecool
11-19-2004, 09:25 AM
lol....those ideas are pretty funny. depends how important it is to you, i dunno about the windshield idea working or not but id compare the cost of having the whole windshield taken off and put back on (plus sealant or whatever else they use to hold them on) to the cost of just buying a new remote...

EBlend
11-19-2004, 10:19 AM
which went are you talking about..the one for the windshield or one of the 3 in the middle? if its the 3 in the middle, u can always just go and take out ur radio and such, then u will see where the ducks connects at the bottom between the 2 foot wells...and take it apart there