Gas Gauge? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge?

Silentbob538
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
So I just got this GT from my cousin, cuz she couldnt afford the monthly payments... I like it alot so far, havent had any problems yet. All but for one thing that is- The Gas gauge. My cousin said it has to do with the fuel pump that just got put in. She said it might be an electrical problem with the fuel pump, but my friend at work says the floater might just not be plugged in. In any case, where should i look for the Wires? Should I take out the tank?

gaultma
11-22-2004, 04:22 PM
my guess is that the people that worked on it last either forgot to rehook the wires up or the broke it. To take a look at the stuff though you are going to have to drop the gas tank to actually see it.

rizer
11-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Yup, might have to take off the gas tank, i know on my old car, if the filter and floater are not in a exact way, it wont work right.

Silentbob538
11-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Will do. thanks, Ill update you all with the outcome of this evil little problem of mine. :driving:

abusedgt97
11-25-2004, 01:23 PM
you can take a variable resistor and hook it up to the wires running to the gauge, make it act like your sending unit and see if you can move the gauge from full to empty. If you have that make sure the float and sending unit are hooked up correctly. I know when we just recently installed a new pump in a 94 century the new pump was revised with one less wire and we had the same problem.