Changing the damn sparkplugs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Changing the damn sparkplugs

MegaHyp
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
hey guys, i just about tore up my hands trying to change my back spark plugs and didnt even change any. is there a trick to do it easier? i was thinking maybe removing the whole coil pack then screwing it back it when all the plugs are changed. any ideas??

ViperGTSR
11-22-2004, 06:23 PM
remove the whole coil pack mount thing, makes things 1 zillion times easier, trust me

Ridenour
11-22-2004, 07:24 PM
I did it without removing the coil pack. You need to get some elbow extensions and it'll make getting down in there a whole lot easier. Last time I did it was about 2 years ago, so I don't remember the combination of extensions / sizes, but you'll figuire it out. I guess if you wanted it to be REALLY easy you could use the elbow extensions and remove the coil pack

NorKoastal
11-23-2004, 10:10 AM
The boots are more of a pain than the plugs....

abusedgt97
11-23-2004, 12:45 PM
not sure which engine, but the 3100 is a pain, you can pull the engine forward and use a wobble socket.

Coop
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM
not sure which engine, but the 3100 is a pain, you can pull the engine forward and use a wobble socket.

yes, wobble sockets and extensions are your friend :D - especially if you have a swivel head ratchet to go along with it.

and on a side note, always make sure you let engines with aluminum heads cool down before removing the plugs.