Please allow me to clarify and apologize to the many members of the site. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to clarify and apologize to the many members of the site.

Royalty
11-22-2004, 06:22 PM
I recently put up a post for some engines in the for sale forum. I realize that I'm the new guy and must tread lightly but i didnt expect to get hit with soo much hostility.

I realize it my look suspicious to some that is why i left my contact number to any who may have questions. But no one called. I left my email address, but no one emailed me. I linked my AIM name, but no one IM'ed me. My post just got nit picked on until it was locked.

I realize that it says no dealers but the peoople who have them are my family mechanics and have no knowledge of the internet so i'm helping them get the word out. They are a business but they are just a small garage in Norfolk. They arent looking to become big time online dealers they just have these engiens to get rid of and thats it.

Molson
Oh, BTW, 99+ Grand AM and Alero never had teh 3.1 :)

I didnt know that. I'm new to GMS and will change my posts accordingly.

pontga00 They look new, but just look like they've been sitting for a few years in the basement

They are new, all except one. They have been kept indoors and at sea/ground/room level since they got them. Maybe in the shop you go to, you can lick off the floors. Unfortunatly in this one you cant. Thats just dust and dirt that spread over time.

I dont want any trouble and I'm sorry if it appeared any diferent. I just wish SOMEONE wouldve atleast contacted me about these before jumping to conclusions. I sent some of the mods my cell # so if they wanna call me they can.

So with that said, May I please post my engines for sale in your classified forum?

GrahamKracka
11-22-2004, 06:24 PM
ebay works better

02andahalfgt
11-22-2004, 06:36 PM
ebay works better

Yup. Hardly anyone spends a lot of money buying things on this website and very few people are looking to buy whole engines.

Royalty
11-22-2004, 07:00 PM
but a post offering them wouldnt hurt....would it?

SC/TGrandAm
11-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Seriously they are right. A lot of people here just want something for nothing or have no money for a high priced item. The biggest mod here is grafxwerks stickers that cost $10 a piece if that tells you anything. Wouldn't hurt to put an ad up on here, but id also put one on ebay as you'd be lucky to sale 1 here if that.

Not trying to be an ass, just telling the truth as ive been a longtime member here.

Royalty
11-22-2004, 08:19 PM
i feels ya. i'll just see if i can put up a post and leave it at that.

DrFabulous
11-22-2004, 09:13 PM
:cheers: to you for being a good sport about everything and clarifying. If I was in need of an engine, I would consider. Alas, 2.4 only has 58,000 on her. I'll try and see if anyone around me needs one.

95-GT
11-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Any idea how much they are charging for them? I was going to call but I have been busy.

Royalty
11-23-2004, 09:15 AM
the owner of the shop wants over 1k. I told him thats not gonna happen onthe net. so its best REASONABLE offer. i can at least link yall to the pics

3100 link pic (http://www.cloudcars.org/forums/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album177&s=&page=2)

Royalty
12-01-2004, 09:19 AM
i'll try the post again

brdrxtreme
12-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Good sport and a class act, apology accept. Now lets drink :cheers: !!