18" tire size [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 18" tire size

freaks99ga
11-22-2004, 07:16 PM
I got a quetion about tire size a few months ago i got my 18" rims put on by STS they told me that the only tire size that would fit with out rubbing are 225/35r18. These are a really low profile tire and i've had to replace the rear left tire 2 times, once a month ago and once today due to bubbles . Does anyone know if i could put a larger profile tire on cause these are getting on my nerves

SC/TGrandAm
11-22-2004, 07:31 PM
225/40/18 would be the more correct size. However 245/35/18 is the closest to stock diameter that you will get. 235/40/18 also works alright but is a little larger than stock diameter.

Bubbles in the tires? What kind of tires are you running? You get bubbles in the tires from buying cheap tires or driving habits. When you get bigger wheels and less tire you have to relearn your driving skills like dodging potholes, going slow over bumps and railroad tracks, etc. If you hit too much stuff you will bend a rim and/or mess up your tire.

freaks99ga
11-22-2004, 07:52 PM
I got Nanking tires im not a big fan of them but i wanted to get my rims on and they do the job, im just happy i got the warrenty with them so it didnt cost me any more cash. thanks for the info i thought i could go larger but thats what i get for goin cheep i think next summer im gonna go with a larger profile