Door locks? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Door locks?

tyger25
11-23-2004, 10:17 PM
When you put your car in drive, should the doors lock? Mine do not, nor do the locks work while car is in drive. Wierd?

How about this one... Everytime I come to a stop, the interior floor lights come on. Freaky.....I hope warranty covers poltergeist.

2003GaGt1
11-23-2004, 10:26 PM
I know the locks can be changed and im sure someone can actually explain it. I know its in the manual too, something about pushing the lock button for so many seconds with door open... eh i dont know

Coop
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I'd leave the locks alone, that feature drives me crazy.

As far as the floor lights, no clue. Does it wait until you are at a stop or does it come on as soon as you hit the brake pedal?

2003GaGt1
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
heres the door locks:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=717&highlight=door+locks

tyger25
11-23-2004, 10:39 PM
I'd leave the locks alone, that feature drives me crazy.

As far as the floor lights, no clue. Does it wait until you are at a stop or does it come on as soon as you hit the brake pedal?

Right when I stop, the lights come on.

Coop
11-23-2004, 10:43 PM
hmmm, freaky, dunno about that one. Do they flicker or stay on solid?

tyger25
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
solid. thren when we start to move, they go out.

AznGA
11-24-2004, 12:27 AM
I hated having autolock feature according to the shifter. My damn passengers always wanted to get out before I shift into park.........

eren00gt
11-24-2004, 06:36 AM
When you put your car in drive, should the doors lock? Mine do not, nor do the locks work while car is in drive. Wierd?

How about this one... Everytime I come to a stop, the interior floor lights come on. Freaky.....I hope warranty covers poltergeist.

The GA's come from the factory with locking doors when car is put into gear. If you bought the car used then perhaps the person before changed it. But if it was locking and all of a sudden stopped then you might have a short somewhere which might explain your other problem.

Or maybe the previous owner had some aftermarket audio and reinstalled the stock unit when he got rid of the car. Which might mean he may have screwed up some wiring somewhere.

Just some thoughts.