01gagt will crank but will not start??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 01gagt will crank but will not start???

01redgt1
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
This morning when i was gonna move my car the sucker will not start. It will only do the cranking noise but would never start, I also noticed as im turning the key the "check engine" light stays on. Does anyone know what can be the problem??? PLease help me, I just got the car in March and the car has been to the shop numerous times, Im thinking of trading it in.

XtremeGaGt00
11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
On the side of the engine, where the alternator is, the fuel rail is right there, there will be a black cap on it. Unscrew it and push on the little schrader valve and see if any fuel comes out, could be an indicator of your fuel pump being bad if no fuel comes out...OR take a spark plug wire off a plug, any plug, stick a screwdriver in it and hold the screwdriver close to a ground like a bracket or somthing (only likea quarter of an inch away), then have someone crank the engine, this will test for spark, be careful you dont touch the car and the metal part of the screwdriver at the same time the car is being cranked, inless you want to get shocked. If you dont see a spark jump the gap then it could be a faulty ignition.