Just got a GT :) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just got a GT :)

evilhero
11-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to say that your board was invaluable to me when I was deciding to purchase my GT. After reading this board and finding out some common problems, I was able to haggle/deal with the dealer in order to get everything fixed to my liking BEFORE I bought it. With the money I saved doing that I purchased the 4 year ext. warranty and still had some bling left over :D

BTW, it's an '02 GT Sedan. Yes it's 4 doors - but tryin to get kids in the backseat of a coupe (I did it for a few years) would make a nuclear bomb seem like a firecracker.

I'm lovin my car so far, and can't wait for the summer when I can mod it abit :)

xxbackhillxx
11-25-2004, 01:24 PM
glad this site helped you in haggling with the dealer, and fixing any potential problems. definately a very smart move as opposed to some who bought 04's and 05's. you can save a lot of money for buying virtually the same car but with a few extra miles on it, and also a few kinks already worked out.

I hope you enjoy your experience on these boards. Happy modding :)

02andahalfgt
11-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Nothin wrong with a sedan ;)
These are one of the few cars that still look sporty with 4 doors.

*welcome*

radgto
11-25-2004, 07:39 PM
I bought a sedan because of my kids too and I wouldn't trade it for a coupe.

I think it has a very Euro or high end look to it for being a low end car. It looks more expensive than it is

Mine is Spruce green metallic (kind of olivish looking green) it's dropped about 2" and has 18" 5 spoke chrome wheels (less is more) and nice subtle chrome tips and it gets more complements and looks than a lot of "cooler" cars I've had through the years.

The one thing I would tell anyone with a sedan to do is remove the emblems, it doesn't cost a dime and really cleans up the lines of the car.

Duane

Mods so far

ZEX Nitrous system
Stage 3 Cold Air Induction
K&N Inverted Cone
Silver Star lamps
Shaved badges
ALC and DRL disabled
18" Chrome American Eagle 077's
Sonar 235/40/18 Tires
DynoMax exhaust
Eibach springs