Intermittent Starting Problem Hard Starts [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Starting Problem Hard Starts

spydave00
11-25-2004, 09:50 PM
Hello,

I am trying to sell my 99 GAGT. I want to fix this starting issue I have.Almost always, when I go to start the car it takes 3-5 seconds of cranking before the engine starts and I have to keep pumping the gas pedal or it will stall out. After that, it runs fine. I am trying to figure this out or find a TSB I can get a hold of. Any ideas?

By the way, I have already done the following:

- Replaced fuel pump
- Replaced spark plugs/wires

My car runs much better in the cold Michigan weather so I want to hurry up and sell it before it warms up.

Thanks

abusedgt97
11-25-2004, 11:28 PM
check battery, fuel filter, spark plug gap, spark plug connections, etc...

Your car runs better in the winter so your going to sell it? Don't screw someone over, tell them the truth.

nd4spd
11-26-2004, 06:07 AM
If the fuel filter has not been changed, then do that, cheap and not too time costly.

spydave00
11-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Ok I will check the spark plug gap, although I had the plugs done by the dealer. I replaced the fuel filter not even 2 months ago and the battery is fairly new.

My car was stalling in the heat of the summer and the service engine light comes on in the summer due to some emissions problem that I can not figure out. That is why I replaced the fuel pump. So I won't really screw anyone over it will run but no one likes to buy a car with that service engine soon light, although it is no big problem.

NorKoastal
11-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Do you have any mods???? Air Filter, PCV should be cheap swaps.

spydave00
11-26-2004, 02:21 PM
No mods just K&N filter. You think I should swap out the PCV?