Need help fixing bumper/fog light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing bumper/fog light

TransAmMan
11-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi guys I am new here... I'm actually here for my father. I own a 99 TA and I have no clue how to work on grand ams so I was refered here by ls1tech. Looks like a great site. Anyways my father was driving back from work when somthing bounced outta someones truck and slammed into his front right bumper. It sent a crack from the top to the bottom of the bumper. Also it ripped off the fog light on that side from assembly and all. Luckily the wiring was still there. I would like to fix this myself but I am not exactly sure how to do it. Or for that part what parts i need to buy. He will want a new bumper and new fog light. Any help on how to fix this and where to buy the parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot guys. Great site, looks awesome.

Rba007
11-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Ive noticed that new oem foglights, including the mounting brackets, are very often available on ebay for a pretty reasonable price. As far as the bumper, checking the Forsale section here is a good idea, as well as referring to ebay again. The bumper is just a quick and easy cover, you could swap one out if you could find one with matching paint pretty quickly. Installing the foglight is cake as well, two bolts, and plug in your wires that are still there. Should be pretty easy.

What color was the bumper, and is it a GT or Se?

TransAmMan
11-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Silver/grey. It's a 2002 GT, I feel bad because this is the third bumper lol. So would it be better not to replace the bumper its cracked all the way through top to bottom. Is there any place to buy them new? The fog lights? Or do you have to buy them used? Sorry completly new to working on Grand Ams.

Rba007
11-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Id replace it. I was rear-ended this winter due to icey roads, and i only had two 3 inch cracks in the bumper, and rather than spend money to fix it, the insurance co decided it would be cheaper and better to purchase a new bumper. Usually new ones on ebay are available, or you can get them straight from gm by doing a search for the part number (in our part number section) and then going to gmpartsdirect.com and ordering it. It will likely come primed, and ready for paint. Also, check the vin, there are two silver's that were produced that year I believe, and im pretty sure they are similar.

The foglights are also available brand new on ebay.