Drivers side mirror [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side mirror

Necrosis
11-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I walked into mine as I was bringing in bags from my trunk and it completely snapped off. I'm looking for a power driver side mirror for a 2003 SE and found 1stpontiacparts.com and I was confused by the few different mirrors they're selling. In their parts catalog they have GT, SE, and Single Post mirror assemblies listed; whats the difference between the SE mirror and the Single Post mirror? Also, listed under Single Post mirror they have Remote Left for $49.50, and Power Left listed at $91 (They only have Power left listed under the SE mirror). What exactly do I need?

AznGA
11-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Since your car is 03, you want single post.
Does your car have power mirrors? Then you need Power one. Since GT comes with power mirrors standard, they didn't have to specify that.

Necrosis
11-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Yeah, I know I wanted the single post mirror, but aren't all SE's single post? I just wasn't sure why they had both "single post" and "SE", since I thought that all SE's had single posts anyway. I doubt I need the single post power left since the dealer had me quoted at $88 for just the part. Now that I think about it I think the SE power left is what I need, just would like someone to confirm that before I order.

AznGA
11-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Dealers charge you a lot more for parts. **** them.
From 99 to 02.5(middle of 02 model year), SE came with dual post unpainted black mirrors and GT came with body color painted dual post ones. From then on, any GA came with unpainted single post(oval) mirrors.

GTLUVA
11-27-2004, 07:32 PM
I didn't order my twin post mirrors through the dealer they wanted frickin $64 just for one ordered them through gmpartsdirect.com came to $94 total with shipping and everything and they came within a week. Don't order them through the dealership they will rip you off :)

Necrosis
11-27-2004, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't think of getting it from the dealer (I went in because they said depending on how it broke it might be covered under warrenty). They also wanted 100 for labor :rolleyes:

So I guess I want the SE model mirrors from 1stpontiacparts.com. The years they list are 02-04. Thanks for the help :)

rizer
11-28-2004, 12:39 AM
There going for 44 bucks plus 10 for s/h on ebay

http://search.ebay.com/grand-am-mirror_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

AznGA
11-28-2004, 12:56 AM
www.gmpartsdirect.com
Try that. If you don't know the part number, e-mail them with your VIN number and they will tell you. I have good experience with them.