seat has a flat ? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : seat has a flat ?

rckrzy1
11-30-2004, 09:37 AM
Ok I noticed on the drivers seat the bolster appears to be FLAT on the door side, anyone see this ? Can you fix it? If it was like my TA with power and all I would
think the hose came off it but I think this seat only has power up and down.

nd4spd
11-30-2004, 10:36 AM
If your saying that your foam has lost its compression, or however you want to say it, most car upholstery shops can inject foam into the seat, so you dont have to buy a whole new seat.

rckrzy1
11-30-2004, 10:47 AM
If your saying that your foam has lost its compression, or however you want to say it, most car upholstery shops can inject foam into the seat, so you dont have to buy a whole new seat.

I'm saying it looks like the bolsters are actually air bags and this one went
totaly flat. I know my seats in my TA are air bags with pumps hooked up
to them to adjust, and this seems like that in my GA cloth seats but
just the one is flat.

5-lO
11-30-2004, 11:55 AM
GA seats do not have adjustable bolsters, it would be very nice... and thats why I have always wanted to throw some TA seats into the GA... its just not worth it however.

feature_edit
11-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Mine has done this. And do you hit your funny bone on the metal bar that runs along the side of the seat?? *OuCh* The best I can figure out without actually ripping the seat apart is that the foam inside has torn in two and the outside half of it has slid to the back of the seat. I found a seat at a salvage yard for $50, I'm not gonna fool with trying to fix this one. My GA is quickly becoming the prettiest pain the arse I've ever owned.

wheelnut46
12-01-2004, 09:38 PM
My wifes car has done this also.