XM stuff [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : XM stuff

Hexx
11-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Ok so I have an 00....before they started putting XM in our cars. I have the tape deck though....anyways, I have my SkyFi hooked up but it stays on the preview channel. I let the thing run for 30 mins since the site says to allow up to an hr. I didnt get any channels still.

cALLED their tech support and the guy said it takes up to 2 hrs. WTF...I am not driving that long to get it to pick up on channels.

What do I do? Drive around forever? Did any of you have issues with XM?

2003GaGt1
11-30-2004, 08:23 PM
It took mine 10 minutes to download. Should find out again soon though, XM never sends me my bill and i never remember when the 3 month bill is due so its offline right now. I need to call them.

Hexx
11-30-2004, 09:03 PM
How do you know its downloading???? IT has no progress bar or anythin :(

fo44rd
12-01-2004, 03:18 AM
ick! I couldn't live with that black pimple that isn't even centered on the roof!

Malaclypse
12-01-2004, 03:25 AM
You could once you've listened to XM for ten minutes.

I can't tell you why your activation is taking so long.. my Pioneer + XM reciever combo was ready to go in ten minutes.

Hexx
12-01-2004, 08:31 AM
I got it to go this morning. I went to refresh.xmradio.com and put in the serial number (i turned on the unit before doing this). Let it run for 10-15 mins and it was golden.

I dont have my antenna on top of my car righ now, its just in the rear window and I get 3-4 bars for a singal.Where did you guys route your wires after putting them around the window seal??

rizer
12-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I got the roady kit and it didnt work at first after hooking it up. Called XM and guy sent out another signal. 5 minutes later it was on the go.

XM just went ahead and renewed my subsription w/o even asking. Went to bank to find my checking overdrawned by 29.97 :(

fo44rd
12-02-2004, 12:03 PM
XM just went ahead and renewed my subsription w/o even asking. Went to bank to find my checking overdrawned by 29.97 :(

Why is it from internet, to cell phone, to any monthly fee type service they never screw up in your favor, always theirs?

excitement
12-02-2004, 04:01 PM
ick! I couldn't live with that black pimple that isn't even centered on the roof!

My thoughts exactly!

Hexx
12-02-2004, 04:08 PM
My thoughts exactly!
You dont have to have it on the outside though. Im going to put mine on my dash on the passenger side....it will be tucked away so you cant really notice it.

onesexyga
12-02-2004, 05:20 PM
XM never worked for me. The website didnt awknowledge anything. Waited overnight. Went to the dealer a week later, and it was working, and said it had been working for weeks.

Hexx
12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Just to let you guys know....this is in my 00GAGT and IS NOT the stock stuff that comes with the 03 GAs that have XM. Its the SkyFi unit so I am using the tape deck (yes I have one of those....) and not the FM modulator.

Does anyone know of a way to get an adapter kit for the rear harness or something???? Not sure how that would work on a stock head unit that is not XM ready.

Necrosis
12-02-2004, 06:19 PM
I have Sirius, but the installation is pretty much the same. I have my antenna mounted on my trunk, with the wire running through the grommet (under the trunk), then hid the wire and ran it through the inside door molding (near the roof). My tuner is placed under/behind the CD tray in the dash. I'll take some pics once my digital camera arrives.

fo44rd
12-03-2004, 01:30 PM
My thoughts exactly!

*iagree* *iagree* *iagree* *iagree*

Hexx
12-03-2004, 01:32 PM
*iagree* *iagree* *iagree* *iagree*

You can center it!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus....how hard is it to move a magnet?? Or rewire it??? NOT hard!!!

fo44rd
12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
You can center it!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus....how hard is it to move a magnet?? Or rewire it??? NOT hard!!!

Before the new vette came out GM made a big stink about how they hid e the antenna in the a-pillar, because of complains like mine. The new vette still has this pimple, just on the back of the roof. what happened? I would be a lot more down with this technology if the hidden antenna was availible.

secondly, why are tere still cars with antenna poking thru a fender, when we have the ability to put the in the windshiel or back glass?

GAs have an antenna in their back fender
Alero have it in the back glass.