Auto-down on all power windows? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Auto-down on all power windows?

2002GT
11-30-2004, 10:00 PM
You know how our cars have the automatic roll down for the driver side. Is there anyway to do that for the passenger window too, or for all 4 windows? If so, how hard would it be to do? Thanks

02andahalfgt
11-30-2004, 10:32 PM
I remember someone talking about this recently, but now I can't find the thread. I don't know jack about wiring but it should be too hard. I'd guess all you need to do is hook up the same circuit/wiring that the drivers window has. Would you want the express down to be controled only from the drivers switches or from all the doors too?

iceman
11-30-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm in a good mood so I changed title.. please use less useles titles from now on so threads don't magically disappear :)

so on topic, I'd have to read in the manual about the auto down function to see what's actually going on, don't have my laptop w/ manual until sunday so can't offer much. As far as mimicing auto down without having to change switches or anything, seems like basic electronics - circuit that senses window button being down for X time and continues to complete the circuit for X more time

2002GT
11-30-2004, 10:44 PM
riiight, w/e you just said, haha... well thanks for the thread title change :D

ViperGTSR
11-30-2004, 10:53 PM
i have it :) Thanks to Kent...hes the man its a badass feature. dont know how to do it, just chimin in to say its been done (obviously) lol

iceman
11-30-2004, 11:02 PM
ohhh I forgot about that Alex, I remember them doing that hehe .. think they did it with a DEI rolldown module, it may be built in to it. totally forgot !! Nick look around for DEI window modules :)

iceman
11-30-2004, 11:08 PM
here you go

DEI 530T
The DEI 530T Window Automation System rolls up two windows automatically when you arm your security system. Also controls venting when armed, and can do a full roll-down when disarmed. Senses obstructions and stops window motors immediately. Also automates factory power switches by providing full window travel by tapping the factory window switch.

atc3434
11-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Now, what would be really tight with this idea would be wiring the window lock switch to be an auto up/down for all the windows in the car. That would be the hotness, I will have to look into the wiring. If you've got diagrams of the circuits anybody, that would be cool.

2002GT
11-30-2004, 11:54 PM
thanks seth... i take it i can all the parts needed at my local dealership...

busy weekend ahead..

grand am get's new shoes, hvac overlays, and auto down on all 4 windows :D

SC/TGrandAm
12-01-2004, 12:08 AM
no its a DEI product. Aftermarket.... you would have to get it at a car audio dealer. Probably have to special order it too I doubt they keep those in stock.

SC/TGrandAm
12-01-2004, 12:12 AM
err and they are like 60-80 bucks a pop too...

http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/530T.html

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/DEI-Window-Modules.htm

2002GT
12-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Well about if I dont wanna do that **** to my alarm... I just want to make it like the driver's side one!

ViperGTSR
12-01-2004, 05:42 AM
Now, what would be really tight with this idea would be wiring the window lock switch to be an auto up/down for all the windows in the car. That would be the hotness,
yea...i have that too. lol Well the windows roll up when you press the Lock button on the key fob.

Magnum
12-01-2004, 09:29 AM
I have done this also. The window wiring is... interesting... The DEI module is worth every penny in the hassle you will save. It's auto down AND up