Suggestion to cut down on noobs posting the same thing over and over and over and.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to cut down on noobs posting the same thing over and over and over and....

sicc
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I know a lot of people are getting annoyed with all these reposts, and I came across something on another forum that you guys may want to add here.

http://www.alteredimaging.com/shared/damnNoobs.gif

You could even do something where it auto-clicks the button [when they leave the title textbox] if the user has less than XX posts.

Nikki
12-01-2004, 06:35 PM
*iagree* I think that would be a great idea!!! :thumbs:

UNCTYPE-S
12-01-2004, 06:37 PM
i have seen that before on different forums, but i dont think theirs anything in the world that will stop reposts.

Sleepwalkr
12-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything..... but really what difference does it make? Yes, people should use the search button and so on and so forth.....blah blah blah. But why does it bother people so much when a newbie posts something thats been previously discussed? If you don't wanna read something...yet again....for like the thousandth time, then don't click on it and feel like you have to respond to it....... yet again. Isn't it kind of the moderator's job to inform people in their section that something has been discussed multiple times? If you see a subject that looks identical to one just recently, just move on and don't think about it again. Again, I don't wanna seem like a dikhead or anything..... but why does this bother so many people?

sicc
12-01-2004, 07:03 PM
I dunno, I just know that it does.

Plus, if someone were to search right now for say.. i dunno... 'turbo vs supercharger' they will have to sift through tons of useless threads before they find one that actually has some info. Hypothetically speaking of course ;x