Factory Alarm Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Factory Alarm Question

brently
12-04-2004, 07:18 AM
Ok... On most vehicles when the alarm is engaged and you open the door(if window is down or something) the alarm will go off, but mine doesn't. Is there a reason?
Is there a way that I can set it to fo off when the door is opened or the door handle is pulled?
Just wondering.
Thanks in advance.

iceman
12-04-2004, 08:06 AM
We don't really have a factory alarm, it's a theft deterrent called passlock 2 whcih keeps the car from starting. So as the GA is stock, that behavior is not possible without adding an alarm. Don't remember off the top of my head if a factory alarm is an option or not but that can easily be done with aftermarket equip

OneFastGT
12-04-2004, 08:33 AM
I'm dumbfounded by GM not including even a basic alarm with the GA or GAGT. I believe every car should come with one standard. For the price of what these cars are going for new they should be included. So basically we have a keyless entry only. You only find out that you don't have an alarm till your stereo gets ripped off! Que pena!

02andahalfgt
12-04-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah, they put that great 'panic alarm' on there but can't give us a factory alarm. :rolleyes: