Any way to access the defrost vent in the dash from below? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Any way to access the defrost vent in the dash from below?

Rba007
12-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Im attempting to add a new Alarm LED in a more visible place (people who installed my alarm put the existing LED on my steering column, way up by my "boob trim" aka speedo, its not very visible). I was hoping to put it in the vent (drill small hole and mount) that is in the center of our dash near the middle of the windsheild. Any way to access that from below? Or run wires through there easily? I havent even gotten out and looked yet, but I thought I would post this up so maybe I would save myself the trouble of fitting my 6'2" 205lb self under there.

Also, can I just splice the new led into the wiring for the old? Ive got a new VARAD Led, dont know if that makes a difference. THANKS!

-Dave

Hodge
12-04-2004, 10:19 AM
my buddys shop that did it for me, put it right on the fog light panel and you can see this bright ass blue LED anywhere. it reflects on a the window alot, just remove that little fog light panel and do it there.

Rba007
12-04-2004, 01:34 PM
Meh, Ive already got one on the steering column right next to that. Im hopin to get it up in that dash vent, where it be visible from just about all directions.