Just bought a new 2004 Pontiac Grand Am [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new 2004 Pontiac Grand Am

Orion
12-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Hello everyone new to this website. I just bought a new 2004 Pontiac Grand AM SE1. (insurance purposes didnt get GT) But from what a co-worker tells me that the GT is pretty much the same car with a few upgrades. So anyways i am looking to make the appearance of the car stand out, turn heads. If anyone has got any suggestions let me know. Try to go with the cheapest first. Let me build some money :).. Thanks Alot. Also if anyone is from the Indianapolis area hit me up on my email.

Thanks

onesexyga
12-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Gt conversion.

MonoChrome83
12-05-2004, 09:30 AM
GT conversion would look nice, but it wouldn't turn heads. Try something different, don't go with what anyone else has. Good luck and check back often.

Kdawg207
12-05-2004, 10:15 AM
*welcome* and enjoy

AaronGTR
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Well, actually they are pretty much the same car, except the GT has a better final drive ratio. It's also more popular so there are a few more parts and tuning options available for it, and most people prefer the GT body style over the SE. Depending on how much you want to do to your car, you may run into some limitations. There are plenty of parts though that work for both models. First things I would get are lowering springs and exhaust. These are fairly affordable, and they affect more than one area of the car (ie. looks, handling, power, sound). Wheels and tires if you can afford it. Again, that is something that makes a big difference in looks, as well as improving the cars performance. You can also switch some of the body parts to GT gear like some people suggested, from simply swapping tail lights, to adding an sct wing or hood, or a complete change over to the GT body pieces if you wanted.

Orion
12-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Around how much does it cost to lower it? I normally customize motorcycles never really did cars so i am moving this way. So again about how much for the lowering kit. And where is the best place to buy parts?

thanks

crazypontiac03
12-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Welcome, First you need a drop which cost depending about 180. Intake 180-200+, Exhuast little bit expensive. 400-700

AznGA
12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Hello everyone new to this website. I just bought a new 2004 Pontiac Grand AM SE1. (insurance purposes didnt get GT) But from what a co-worker tells me that the GT is pretty much the same car with a few upgrades. So anyways i am looking to make the appearance of the car stand out, turn heads. If anyone has got any suggestions let me know. Try to go with the cheapest first. Let me build some money :).. Thanks Alot. Also if anyone is from the Indianapolis area hit me up on my email.

Thanks
Do you have a V6? Intake and exhaust can make the car sound really mean. You can also spend around $200 for tailights. If you want to spend more, there are aftermarket hoods and spoilers you can look at. Although SC/T hood and spoiler is a GT factory option, SE's with them look just as good. Good luck.

UNCTYPE-S
12-05-2004, 04:32 PM
assuming his coworker said the gt is pretty much the same car as his, then i think he has the 3.4

scotiez
12-05-2004, 04:51 PM
There's no differance in insurance from a SE to a GT as long as both are a sedan. I just went through that in august when i bought my GT. Now if you were to buy a 2 door coupe in a GT then there is a big differance in insurance. I have no idea why ... it's stupid to me.
anyway welcome to the site. hope you enjoy it.

AznGA
12-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Meh, it's ok. I like the newer ribless SE's. They look really smooth. The whole GT cladding thing gets old easily.