Window Scratches Solutions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Window Scratches Solutions

applexpanther
12-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm guessing there are 3 options to the window scratches that come with rolling our windows up and down.

1st option of course, is to take it to the dealer and have them fix it either by paying them or by using the lovely GM warranty if applicable.

2nd option is to just ignore it and have it annoy you continually, having it unconciously fueling this deep inner rage inside you till one day u snap and kick your window out cuz it looks like poopy. lol

The 3rd option is to fix it yourself. The problem is the window trim piece makes too narrow a gap so when the windows goes up and down the trim peice rubs against the window causing pretty little scratches. So, obviously the solution would be to widen this little gap so the window no longer rubs against the trim peice. Probably all of you reading this are assuming im going to explain how to do this, well your wrong, cuz i havent a clue. Buf if any knows how to do this yourself please post. the question i have is....is it a trim peice that needs to be replaced, or is the trim peice adjustable. Thanks Peoples

Mike Jung
12-06-2004, 09:50 PM
...The problem is the window trim piece makes too narrow a gap so when the windows goes up and down the trim peice rubs against the window causing pretty little scratches. So, obviously the solution would be to widen this little gap so the window no longer rubs against the trim peice. Probably all of you reading this are assuming im going to explain how to do this, well your wrong, cuz i havent a clue. Buf if any knows how to do this yourself please post. the question i have is....is it a trim peice that needs to be replaced, or is the trim peice adjustable. Thanks Peoples
Door Glass Scratches (Widen Door Metal Inner/Outer Panel Opening) TSB#02-08-64-014 (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=468)

applexpanther
12-06-2004, 09:52 PM
thank you person