Yikes! BAD tire wear ... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Yikes! BAD tire wear ...

feature_edit
12-07-2004, 02:44 AM
I searched the forums, and please forgive it was there, but I didn't see it. I just noticed the other day that BOTH my front tires have completely worn down to the cords on the inside!! I checked the pressure, and both are at 32. The last time I recall checking the treads they seemed OK. The tires are less than a year old! I don't even want to drive the car anymore until I get new rubber. But, what I'm asking is, what should I have checked out/replaced so I don't scrub away $200 next time and/or crash and burn in the meantime?

kubiache
12-07-2004, 04:06 AM
Alignment. If both tires are worn only on the inside it means your toe is way out or your camber is really negative, depending on exactly what your wear pattern is. Are you lowered?

Either way, the lesson here is get an alignment a few times a year so you're not tearing through tires.

twisted
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
i have that problem 2 but my wear is on the outside
but i just got it allined 3 months ago

nd4spd
12-07-2004, 06:24 PM
you could have always knocked your alignment out, dosent matter if it was only 3 months ago. I just bought my tires, and 1500 miles later the fronts were worn down to nothing. My own fault for not paying closer attention, but my alignment was way off, and I had tires that looked like slicks...and now no problems :).

99Alero_Boy
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
i have that problem as well, my front tires only, but the wear seems even all the way across......hmmmm i wonder..... lol lol

carsarecool
12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
how important is the back wheel alignment?
reason for asking(i posted back in may about getting new tires) is i had a set of dunlops w/ 18,000 miles on them but they hadent been rotated in about 7,000- long story short, i had them rotated and the car rode rough and was making a loud road noise at anything above 30 mph. took it back, they said the back ones they just put on the front were severly cupped and i needed new tires, probly cause of alignment. got new michelin agility's, had them rotated, no problems yet but should i look into getting that done? the mich.'s still look brand new after 12,000 miles- great tires too

P.S. lemme know if i shoulda started a new thread w/ that