Tinted Windows, have you been busted? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Windows, have you been busted?

BadGT471
12-10-2004, 02:42 PM
I know there are prob threads about this, but I was wondering if anyone here has their front side windows tinted really lightly, and has gotten hassled for it? I have mine very light... They're almost NOT tinted at all, but since it's illegal here in IL, I worry about getting in trouble for them. I was wondering if anyone here has them tinted really lightly where it's not allowed and has gotten hassled for it? I know when you start going dark and limo and you're not really visibile to the cops, they hassle you, but what about lighter tints??

Jeff

Kdawg207
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
I've been pulled over plentry of times...but never given a ticket.....could be the PBA shield in the window though

H.O. Driver
12-10-2004, 03:24 PM
I have 35% on the fronts and 20% on the rear, I have been stopped twice for it, but both times I told them I bought the car used this way from a dealer. Both times they let me go. Anything more than the top 4" in MI is illegal.

RamAirGT22
12-10-2004, 03:27 PM
I have 35% on all my windows for 2 years now and no tickets. I have been warned about it though...

kse73
12-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Ive got 5% in the back and 20% on the sides for 2 years now..... Nothin yet. Although I do drive w/ my windows down a majority of the time.

Hodge
12-10-2004, 03:39 PM
23% all the way around besides windsheild -- i've never gotten pulled over yet, i actually just yesterday was pulling out next to a cop at the carwash as he was scanning people and he didn't follow cause i got in a small gap of cars :D

scotiez
12-10-2004, 03:42 PM
I had 30% on my front sides and i got a ticket for it. The city cops aren't the ones who stopped me though .. it was the state patrol. I don't have that car any more, but because the state patrol is so stricked here on it i don't think i'm gona tint my 04 GT. Even though i think tint would look awesome on my car i also don't want the hassle.

blckgrndam99
12-10-2004, 04:00 PM
i have 15% all around for a year now, and have never been stopped for it once. although id love to cause i just cant get enough motivation to strip it and get 3% lol

AaronGAGT
12-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Ive had mine for about 2 years, been ticketed once for it. Took it off, then put back on.

braves511
12-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Not one ticket in NY hey dont bug you unless they are looking for a reason to pull you over cause they know your doing something your not supposed to. IE drugs/alcohol. Had the tints since I got the car and not once has a cop ever mentioned anything about them.

nd4spd
12-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Near limo tint on side windows and rears, pulled over once, but I do have a nice little doctors slip that says my eyes are sensitive to light, and I need tinted windows.. hehe..... course there are some areas they are @##s about it. Like ... CLARE. I can understand being a cop, coming up on a full tinted car, you never know what may happen, but if you roll your windows down, then problem solved.

digitalquirk
12-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Here's my story. I bought a 1990 Nissan in '95. It was a gutless boxy little car. Drove it for years without any tint, sped quite often, never got a ticket. Now, this car was so cheap it didn't even have factory tint, and I was getting tired of getting a sunburned neck (sun shining in through rear door window). So I put a nice dark tint on the rear hatch window and the back door windows. I left the front windows alone, except I had some tint left over so I did a visor banner across the top (it came no lower than where the visors would go).

The year I put the tint on, I got 2 speeding tickets...one for 10 over, the other for 15 over. This is in KILOMETERS per hour. Cops were definitely noticing me where they used to ignore me.

I sold that car the next year, and got a car with factory tint and never tinted the windows. I never had a problem with any tickets since.

GrahamKracka
12-18-2004, 09:48 AM
ive been pulled over...if you tell them you got the car like that (like me)...they usually leave you alone

crazypontiac03
12-18-2004, 10:09 AM
I have 20% in back and I had 30% in front. Had to remove the front tint for the window issues, inorder for the dealer to fix it but Nothing while it was on the car.

Kristi
12-18-2004, 11:38 AM
I had 35% on and I got busted in Carlisle Pa. But around my area no one has ever bothered me.

Dexman1349
12-20-2004, 08:29 AM
I have 5% all the way around for about 2 years now. Cops haven't even looked twice.