Ses Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ses Light

kevin231
12-14-2004, 09:22 PM
I noticed when driving home one day that me ses light came on. I took it to the dealership and they gave me the option of paying 99 dollars to diagnose the problem, or resetting the light and wait to see if it comes back.

My question, I chose to reset the light. I have noticed a month later the light never came back on, does that mean my car is fine.

intence
12-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi Kevin,

I was going to say you should take it to autozone, since they'll read the code for free. It looks like you live in Canada though, so no Autozone there. I can't think of anyone in the Toronto area that reads SES or other ODB codes for free.

If the light wasn't flashing, then it's not a super serious code. If it went off, it's quite possible you just didn't have the fuel cap on tight enough or something. I wouldn't worry about it if the light stayed off. Some dealers will charge you for the diagnosis but will refund the difference when you have the work done, some private mechanics will do this too.

Try changing the brand of gas you use (Ontario has some of the worst case on the continent, the high sulphur content isn't good for O2 sensors) and if the light doesn't come back on, don't worry about it.