Ram Air Hood and WATER - NEED HELP! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ram Air Hood and WATER - NEED HELP!

BadGT471
12-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey guys,

Got a question. I just got an OEM Ram Air Hood installed on my 02 GAGT coupe.. Anyways, when I was looking at the scoops on the hood I noticed that behind the black screen theres a black piece ( Guessing to keep the water out) well, there is about a half inch gap between that at the top and the hood. It covers MOST of the hole, however, at the top if I put my fingers against the black blocker piece on the underside of the hood, I can see my fingers on the outside of the hood. Is this normal? Also, if it's open this much will I have a major problem with water getting into my engine bay? I wouldn't care, but I have so much aftermarket crap, including HID ballasts in there... What do you all suggest I do?

Thanks,
Jeff

coupe
12-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Just do a search on this.
To save time though dont worry about it, water will not get in.

RedGrandTour
12-18-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't know what happen,but you shouldn't be able to see your fingers or anything else with the plates on.

AznGA
12-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Make sure those black plates are properly inserted. I think those pieces are held by glue and screws from the factory, but my bodyshop only used screws. You shouldn't worry about water unless you have WAI. I washed my car one time and I blasted water right at those plates and it made the filter wet.