Doctor Speed [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Speed

raja
12-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Has anyone heard from Doctor Speed recently? Is he still alive?

02andahalfgt
12-18-2004, 12:46 PM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39620

raja
12-18-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the link, and I'm sure it was very helpful back in 2003. But it doesn't pertain to what I'm asking. I'm talking like RECENTLY. I've been trying to reach him for 3 months with no reply.

raja
12-18-2004, 01:33 PM
okay, not 2003, earlier this year....that's why I'm concerned. No contact with anyone? I mean you can go to the library and use the internet, at least to answers emails, etc. That's why I was asking, with Ivan and all, is he still alive?

02andahalfgt
12-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Yes, he's alive.

GAGTbabe03
12-18-2004, 02:18 PM
okay, not 2003, earlier this year....that's why I'm concerned. No contact with anyone? I mean you can go to the library and use the internet, at least to answers emails, etc. That's why I was asking, with Ivan and all, is he still alive?

yeah, he's still alive but I don't think anybody has heard from him.

raja
12-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks for your help! :)

Ridenour
12-18-2004, 04:15 PM
I know for a fact he's still operational - I ordered a set of MSD ignition wires back in October and got em about a week ago, so if you ordered something, you'll get it - it'll just be a while

GaRedCoupe
12-19-2004, 11:16 AM
He didn't make those msd wires did he?

Ridenour
12-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure he did - They don't make em specifically for the 3.4 - all his he makes from kits you can buy and make to fit any car

sluggerx5
12-19-2004, 07:37 PM
well i ordered cai from him late november. got it acouple weeks later. installed sounds nice and lovin it so yes he is operational.

GAGTbabe03
12-19-2004, 08:27 PM
^ same here but I ordered mine in september/october.. I got it way earlier then what was expected.. but I did email him after i recieved it and never got a response.

material_wishes
12-19-2004, 09:54 PM
if you notice his website is down,my theory is that he died in one of the hurricanes

GrahamKracka
12-19-2004, 09:57 PM
if you notice his website is down,my theory is that he died in one of the hurricanes

works fine for me

material_wishes
12-19-2004, 10:03 PM
works fine for me

hmm i just tried it on my AOL browser and it works,my internet explorer must be screwed up or something

GAGTbabe03
12-19-2004, 11:23 PM
works fine for me

ditto

jake3217
12-20-2004, 02:38 PM

He posted on here once or twice after the hurricaines if I recall correctly. He's still alive.

My guess is he's just up to his neck in work, both with Dr. Speed and helping rebuild.

dongalonga
12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah well maybe if he would return emails concerning parts i ordered in october i would even consider doing business with him in the future. As far as i am concerned he runs a very shady business (no contact phone number on his site). Even PayPal cannot get ahold of this guy. I am still waiting for a refund from PayPal for the T/B i ordered in October, but the Doc won't even return their emails. I will never do business with his company again, because I am now out $200.00 and some change. It def isnt like i don't put money into this car either considering i just bought an RSM 62mm TB, Eibachs, ST Struts, KYB Boots/Bearongs, and another stock MAF to replace my ported one. I have drop nearly a grand into this car in 2 months.

xxbackhillxx
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
what if you got hit with 3 different hurricanes in a span of 3 months?
im sure he has a lot of other things on his mind besides his small business. this is just one guy doing all the work its not some huge factory. calm down. your stuff will come.

dongalonga
12-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I am sorry but there is no excuse for not returning an email when I let this guy know that my stock TB was broken and I needed to know whether or not he could get me one. I told him if he couldnt I would simply go to RSM and he could refund me. Well he decided not to reply to any of my emails or PayPals for that matter. If he had time to come on this site to talk I am pretty sure he doesn't take his business very seriously and maybe should consider another line of work or just stay local. I am sorry but I don't think asking for an email is all that much. Besides my wife's parents live inOrlando and had no problem calling us so please no excuses when you have no clue what you are talking about.

xxbackhillxx
12-21-2004, 02:18 PM
if there's anyone here who doesn't know what theyre talking about its you.

he made his last post way back in september on the 14th, a good month before you placed any orders. . he's a long time member of gagt.com and a well respected businessman. also, you're trying to trash a moderator of these forums, as well as a good friend of many people on here. choose your words carefully.

edit: no excuses? there has to be an excuse because hundreds of people on these boards can swear by his customer service and quick replies prior to the hurricanes. maybe he got a new promotion or job which leave him little time to run his basement business. there could be a hundred reasons why he doesnt have time to go to his computer.

also, if you notice on his website, he does not offer ported manifolds or heads anymore. one can conclude that he doesnt have time to work on products to that extent.

dongalonga
12-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok listen buddy you want to know about lack of time?? I am in the ARMY, and I work nearly 12 hours a day. That is a lack of time. I can find the time to get online. Also, the hurricanes were three months ago, and get this ORLANDO DID NOT GET HIT HARD BY ANY OF THEM!!!!!! Maybe you cannot read but my wifes parents live there. God I can't deal with people who talk out of their A$$. I think he has had enough time to check his email in three months. I tried to be diplomatic about this up until I realized I will never see the part I ordered or receive any reply from the business I ordered it from. I am sorry but that is bad business. If you don't have time to commit to a business where people spend hundreds of dollars on their purchases find a new hobby, becuase that is what you seem to make his business out to be a hobby.

UNCTYPE-S
12-21-2004, 05:35 PM
while i see both sides of this, the DR is a respected member of this site, and im sure there is a good explanation behind this. i would be ****ed too, but i guess all you can do is wait til he responds.

dongalonga
12-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I completely agree. I was just voicing my oppinion/expierence that concerned this thread and youngster here jumps my $hit. I really doubt however I will hear anything from him. I spoke to PayPal again last night and my money is being refunded. I really don't think I will do business with the Doctor again. Besides he has nothing else I need anymore. I perfer to deal with companies like Summit (as I did for my Eibachs, strut bearing, and boots). If I plan to ever do the manifold, heads, or other engine work I will deal with RSM.

UNCTYPE-S
12-21-2004, 06:31 PM
well those places are huge businesses. this guy is by himself, maybe 1 other helper, but thats still not an excuse to not get back to you with some kind of info. i hope hes ok.

dongalonga
12-22-2004, 06:49 AM
I do too. I know the other companies are alot bigger, and that's why I perfer them. You usually can count on the bug business because they actually do it for a living.

LukeD
01-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I ordered some spark plugs from him a couple months ago but haven't recieved any yet. I understand that with events in Florida he may need time to recoop but here is the thing. Even if you don't have internet you could go to a public library and send one mass e-mail to all the people that bought from you to assure them their products WILL arive. Second, if you check his website, it is all new and redone. That takes time. You would think that before he sets his redone site up he would handle all of the backorders he has instead of trying for new business. Just my $.02

Ant
01-14-2005, 07:16 AM
I completely agree. I was just voicing my oppinion/expierence that concerned this thread and youngster here jumps my $hit. I really doubt however I will hear anything from him. I spoke to PayPal again last night and my money is being refunded. I really don't think I will do business with the Doctor again. Besides he has nothing else I need anymore. I perfer to deal with companies like Summit (as I did for my Eibachs, strut bearing, and boots). If I plan to ever do the manifold, heads, or other engine work I will deal with RSM.

i'm dealing with RSM right now, and I have dealt with Kyle in the past on multiple occaisions. Barring hurricanes and natural disasters, he'd get back to me within a day, or less. The guy gave me free plug wires and gave me a killer deal on my exhaust. My intake is from doctor speed, as well. Kyle's products are top notch. But like others have said...this is one guy, doing everything himself. You know damn well that making car parts for people is not as important as rebuilding your house.

And don't play the "no time" card there buddy, time isn't an issue. As a military man, you of all people should know about task prioritizing. If he can't fix his house, there's not going to be any car parts. Let him get his crap together, then he'll deal with his customers. ****ty deal, sure, but you'd be doing the same thing, as much as you'd love to deny it.

I'd be ****ed too, if I were in your situation (I'm being strung along on my spring order by RSM right now...every time it's a different story). They blame it on the ice/snow, which may very well be a possibility. So, I'm giving them some time, and giving them the benfit of the doubt.

Chill, have a beer, and ride this out. You'll get your stuff soon enough.

Ktown01GT
01-15-2005, 05:21 PM
Ok listen buddy you want to know about lack of time?? I am in the ARMY, and I work nearly 12 hours a day. That is a lack of time. I can find the time to get online. Also, the hurricanes were three months ago, and get this ORLANDO DID NOT GET HIT HARD BY ANY OF THEM!!!!!! Maybe you cannot read but my wifes parents live there. God I can't deal with people who talk out of their A$$. I think he has had enough time to check his email in three months. I tried to be diplomatic about this up until I realized I will never see the part I ordered or receive any reply from the business I ordered it from. I am sorry but that is bad business. If you don't have time to commit to a business where people spend hundreds of dollars on their purchases find a new hobby, becuase that is what you seem to make his business out to be a hobby.

You sir, are simply what I'd call a prick.

Orlando got hit fairly good three times(dunno where your wife's parents were during it all)...but gee how would I know that I just live in the city of orlando unlike someone from NY who's prob never been thru what FL went thru in those 3 months.

To be honest I will defend kyle and dr. speed. So how bout you do us all a favor and stfu cause many of the grand am community members can vouche for the service of DR Speed.

methos
01-15-2005, 08:14 PM
im still waiting on my upper intake manifold that i ordered back in october. as long as i get it, im happy. i waiting 8 months for my CAI from apoc. so this is nothing. would like to just know if im gonna get it or a refund though...oh well

badboy2451
01-16-2005, 10:38 AM
he is selling stuff on ebay....including plug wires from his site :whistle:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7938481137&category=33692

11 positive feedbacks in the past month

methos
01-16-2005, 10:51 AM
ok thats messed up.

blackGT420
01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
I ordered a set of wires and plugs from docspeed on oct 19, and still havent recieved them. I have emailed them a few times but no response.

2002GT
01-16-2005, 11:37 AM
haha all these people defending the dude... hahaha what a joke! he is a respected memeber and a moderator, blah blah blah...:whistle:

if he doesnt have time to run his "basement" business he shouldnt have one
hurricanes are over, im sure they have internet connect
he is selling and listing stuff on ebay

you guys are being ****ed over!

blackGT420
01-16-2005, 12:44 PM
If i dont get my stuff soon I am reporting him to visa and getting my money back. Im not too worried but i would at least like an explanation

dongalonga
01-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Hey Brandon when I come down to FL maybe I can pay you and the DOC a visit cause I'm sure nothing happened to your houses at all. Maybe he is your bf I dont know, but dont try to lie for a man on a public board when we all know he is stiffing people. He has already been reported by myself to my credit card company. I have my TB from RSM go figure a real company that actually send you product you pay for.

Ant
01-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey Brandon when I come down to FL maybe I can pay you and the DOC a visit cause I'm sure nothing happened to your houses at all. Maybe he is your bf I dont know, but dont try to lie for a man on a public board when we all know he is stiffing people. He has already been reported by myself to my credit card company. I have my TB from RSM go figure a real company that actually send you product you pay for.

except when you pay for springs, and they don't respond to emails for a month. or update their website saying they're back in business after the holiday. or delete your threads on their message boards where you ask for help. :rolleyes:

dongalonga
01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
yeah i will admit they were gone for awhile after the holidays, but i talked to them on thurs and they said they were really backed up but got my part to me next day. i think they had a big ice storm right after the holidays. plus they are only down for a believable amount of time unlike the doc. cmon 4 months and not even an email the doc is playing us.

coupe
01-16-2005, 02:06 PM
I would defend the DOC in a seconds notice and have on MANY occasions as some of you may know. But now more than 3 months later and still no word on products or shipping is rediculous. My grandparents (who i called after reading this thread) who live in Orlando said that everything is back to normal and 95% of buisness's that got destroyed are back up and runing again as if nothing happened. So i am now wondering what is REALLY going on. I am looseing faith in him.

LukeD
01-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Doctor Speed's Website (http://www.doctorspeed.com/)

Take a look. Even though he is not responding to e-mails or complete previous orders, his website is all new and open for business. I would be one defending him too normally, but you have to ask yourself WHY would he work to get NEW customers if he can't even get old customers their stuff?

And why is he selling stuff we ordered, on E-Bay?

dongalonga
01-16-2005, 02:18 PM
thats all i am trying to say i knew all of this was going on but wasnt going to post because i keep getting flammed even though i am the only one who had any clue what was happening at the time. i really hate people that will defend someone even when they are wrong jsut cause they are butt buddies.

blackGT420
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
after hearing all this I am definitely reporting him. I am not about to get screwed for 100 dollars. I ordered a CAI many months ago and got it in no time. All I ordered from him this time is spark plugs and wires and I know damn well they arent on any backorder. Not to mention I have been writing him emails and get no response. Also, I never even got a confirmation of the order like you should when you order something online. If there was a reasonable explanation I wouldnt be mad, but there is none. There is no reason why it should take 3 months to get this stuff,,,,,and I still havent got it and I ordered it on Oct 19.

So my advice to everyone, is not to order anything from him till he gets his act together. I wish I lived in florida cuz I would pay him a visit myself

UNCTYPE-S
01-16-2005, 04:34 PM
i am beginning to wonder if something actually happened to him. not to sound rude or anything, hopefully he is still alive from the hurricanes, cause nobody has heard anything from him. Im suprised not 1 person on here, maintains contact with him to actually give an update for you guys. i would be extremely ****ed off. i hate having my money floating out there for a week, let alone months for you guys.

02andahalfgt
01-16-2005, 04:51 PM
i am beginning to wonder if something actually happened to him. not to sound rude or anything, hopefully he is still alive from the hurricanes, cause nobody has heard anything from him. Im suprised not 1 person on here, maintains contact with him to actually give an update for you guys. i would be extremely ****ed off. i hate having my money floating out there for a week, let alone months for you guys.

I was thinking the same thing too about contacting him. He's been a member here for so long and a mod too, I wonder if Ryan or Jeremy have his number or something to get in touch with the guy and get some kind of update from him so we can put all these threads to rest.

raja
01-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Although, I don't know how anyone could, nobody, including Paypal seems to have a number for him. My order from September is still missing, and now the part is no longer availabe on his website. What a rip.

raja
01-27-2005, 09:24 AM
for anyone else having problems with this guy....
After several months (since Sept) of no replies from emails, and he now has his website revamped with a legal disclaimer, I might add...
Plus, he is no longer accepting orders for the item that I ordered....
Paypal was no help at all because the transaction was over 30 days.
He also wouldn't answer snail-mail.
So, I contacted the credit card company, they're taking care of it, with my credit of over $200.
He may have been a 'gem' in the business previously, but not any longer.
And, I had people hit by Ivan, they answered emails at least. (new computer) And gee...made phone calls too!

methos
01-27-2005, 09:33 AM
i finally got my money back on my visa...so atleast hes doin refunds now

Nirbush
01-27-2005, 10:00 AM
So if this is happening or has mbeen happening then why is grandamgt keeping him on page as a sponsor crap i went there like 2 weeks ago was gonna order something becuase he was listed as a sponsor figured he was a trutsed company etc.. But if he has lost that trust then shouldnt he be removed so people like me (Newbs) dont make mistakes ordering from him?

dongalonga
01-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Well I just got my money back today. I am def happy about that, and they even paid back the interest.

GaRedCoupe
01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Rule #1 Just because the site is listed as a sponser doesn't mean they should be trusted. I don't care who it is.

UNCTYPE-S
01-27-2005, 07:21 PM
funny how people are getting their money back, but nobody has the balls to tell you guys whats happening, or whos reading this thread and telling him about it. what a shiitty situation. oh well, at least u guys are getting ur money back.

LukeD
01-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey I just checked and I got my money back today!

Seller Protection Policy:
Ineligible

Subject:
Refund - Doctor Speed Purchase
Note:
I apologize for the delay, these items are no longer in stock and will not be for quite some time. I have issued this refund for the time being, if you choose to purchase at a later date, I would certainly appreciate your business.

Thank you,

Kyle Monahan
Shipping Address:

No Address Provided

The only thing is, on his website he still IS selling the same spark plugs I bought. Just now they cost $16.95 instead of what I bought them for at $12.95. I bought them cause I wanted them and I guess it's good I got refunded but I don't think I will buy them again for a higher price. :rolleyes:

Kdawg207
01-28-2005, 02:42 PM
well...in no way am i defending anyone...BUT

I have dealt with Kyle(DR. Speed) on several occasions...always got my item...fast and exactly as described.
He was an outstanding contributor to a lot of us in bettering our GA's...all the way up till the day the hurricanes hit his area.

i for one know that if my life was turned upside down by something like that...it would be devestating..on top of it...if i had outstanding orders etc...it would be a large challenge to catch up in addition to getting my personal life back together.

i have been scammed by someone before and had to go through legal channels to get my money back.

although it's a hassle for those of you that had a bad experience.

be glad that kyle is at least being enough of a man to refund you no matter how long it takes.

ps....i see most people bitching about items that dont even top 100 bucks...others dont top 200....just think of his loss as you think of yurs....

thats all thanks

LukeD
01-28-2005, 03:25 PM
You make some good points Kdawg. What may have happened was Kyle got hit with those hurricanes and needed some emergency cash. In this case he may have taken all his DoctorSpeed money people had sent and used it on the emergency. After everything got back to normal he may have started selling all the extra doctor speed merchandise he had left on ebay in order to refund everyone.

I give him props for refunding everyone even though it may have been difficult in his situation.

just think of his loss as you think of yurs....

however in defence of those like myself who were wondering what was going, we could be more empathetic to Kyle (his loss) if we were informed. I'm sure if he had posted something at the very least and told of his situation, telling everyone what was taking so long and what the problem was people would be at least a little more understanding. Some said maybe he had no access to internet, but obviously he did if he updated his web site.

Kdawg207
01-28-2005, 03:33 PM
there was a post somewhere here all about it....i dunno...not gettin in it...just sayin

luniz
01-28-2005, 10:06 PM
I just wish Kyle would post up to let everyone know he is okay. I have never had a single issue with his company, that is why I am concerned.

SC/TGrandAm
01-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I just wish Kyle would post up to let everyone know he is okay. I have never had a single issue with his company, that is why I am concerned.

Ditto, Kyle is a good guy, he has done quite a bit for me in the past and he hardly knows me. Im concerned as well as to what happened/ whats going on. I wish we could get some updates on things, and hear that hes okay..

AznGA
01-28-2005, 10:35 PM
I have dealt with him before and he was always trustable. Honestly though, I know how things are down there after hurricane and stuff, but I am sure he can at least post up here or call somone to post here to tell us what is going on with Dr. Speed these days.

02andahalfgt
01-29-2005, 11:31 AM

He must be fine. If you look at the link posted earlier to his ebay trader ratings he's been selling men's and woman's clothing. And buying china tea cups. :whistle:

UNCTYPE-S
01-29-2005, 01:42 PM
how do you know its him? could be a family member or someone close who has access to his account. if he was fine, he wouldve posted up what has been going on. the hurricanes are done and over with. that doesnt even come into play right now. it wasnt a friggin tsunami where his whole town and city lost everything. he has access to a computer, to tell what his story is, but obviously doesnt care to share. he was a very trustable, well respected member, and this only hurt his side business. i know damn well someone on this damn site knows whats going on, but doesnt wanna fill you guys in, and thats not fair.

02andahalfgt
01-29-2005, 02:02 PM
how do you know its him? could be a family member or someone close who has access to his account.

Well he's selling GA parts on ebay too, so who knows.
I agree with you about none of this being fair to potential customers.

UNCTYPE-S
01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
well maybe something happened to him and now his family or whoever is selling all the inventory on ebay. could be anything.

2002GT
01-29-2005, 02:48 PM
quit making excuses for the damn dude... y'all got ripped off... 95% of florida is back up and running... if you cant run a business then don't

UNCTYPE-S
01-29-2005, 03:24 PM
way to show some respect for the people that lost money. one day u will be in the same boat and i dont wanna hear u bitch. mmmm k?

LukeD
01-29-2005, 03:47 PM
well maybe something happened to him and now his family or whoever is selling all the inventory on ebay. could be anything.

Maybe, but I doubt his family would fix up his website. It now sells Grand Am and Dodge Dakoda parts.

xxbackhillxx
01-29-2005, 04:22 PM
Maybe, but I doubt his family would fix up his website. It now sells Grand Am and Dodge Dakoda parts.
$10 says he sold his GA and no longer cares about anything GA related and has now moved on to his dakota.

dongalonga
01-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I am going with xxbackhillxx on this one

2002GT
01-29-2005, 07:12 PM
way to show some respect for the people that lost money. one day u will be in the same boat and i dont wanna hear u bitch. mmmm k?

wtf are you talking about... i did give respect fool... im saying quit sympathizing with kyle... he ripped them off, quit making damn excuse for the guy

UNCTYPE-S
01-29-2005, 07:29 PM
dude u sound like a typical focking 19 yr old that just needs his ass laid out to make sense go through their head. how do u know for sure thats what happened? do u know something we dont? then u are also a moron for making excuses up. so just cause our ideas of what we think happened might be wrong, make yours right? idk why i even deal with you, you never make any sense of anything, u've been banned, and are disliked amongst this forum.

btw-this thread should get locked anyway. 4 focking pages and not one single word about what really happened. pretty sad.

2002GT
01-29-2005, 07:40 PM
oh shut the **** up dude... get off your high horse, forum king you...

the dude ripped them off... quit kissing ass

and ur 3 ****ing years older then me... haha im just some focking kid, right... i forgot i need to respect my elders, sorry sir :rolleyes:

UNCTYPE-S
01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
thankyou for proving my point. i am now done with this thread.

2002GT
01-29-2005, 07:43 PM
b/c i cussed... i said the f word... i am so immature now... :rolleyes:

dongalonga
01-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok whomever actually knows what is going on really needs to post up. This is starting to hurt the GA community and that is no good.

2002GT
01-29-2005, 07:47 PM
no one knows whats going on...

02andahalfgt
01-29-2005, 07:52 PM

I understand where you're coming from man. But the fact that he's updated the layout of doctorspeed.com and started selling Dakota parts, I mean come on, you don't find that just a little fishy? The hurricanes excuse is no longer valid if he can start selling a wider range of products on his site. :whistle:

LukeD
01-29-2005, 08:04 PM
Doctorspeed used to be a site sponser right? I guess he's not anymore.

AznGA
01-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Doctor Kyle updated his own website to sell Dakota parts, but he couldn't take 2 minutes to post up here to tell us what's going on? That's rediculous. At least I got my brand new SLP exhaust for $379 shipped. You are not gonna get any deals better than this.

02andahalfgt
01-29-2005, 08:17 PM
At least I got my brand new SLP exhaust for $379 shipped. You are not gonna get any deals better than this.

lol Yeah, I'm glad I got mine from him too before all this.

coupe
01-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Me too

Kdawg207
01-31-2005, 01:40 PM
This thread has turned into what I always say

Fukin youngins ..........new youngins at that

:violin :crying: :gay2:

Nirbush
01-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Im sticking my nose in this a tad, why does so many people here attack with the age thing? Is 3 years or so that big of a difference to use age as a tactic in attacking?

Molson
01-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Dr. Speed is no longer a site sponsor. We, the staff of GrandamGT.com do not know what happened to him or where he is. Repeated emails have not been returned. We apologize for anyone having problems and encourage you to continue trying to contact him.