GM remote start [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : GM remote start

XMBlackGT1
12-19-2004, 06:36 AM
I know that GM is offering factory remote start on its 04+ model year vehicles. I also know that GM offered prior to the remote start, a vehicle security system, which uses your stock key fobs. Do they have a remote start that could also be programmed into our stock key fobs for vehicles prior to the 2004 new models? I have done the aftermarket remote start thing and it has caused tons and tons of problems, so, I dont want to go with that again. For some reason, I thought there was one availiable, but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for the info.

xxbackhillxx
12-19-2004, 06:54 AM
go out and buy the remote start system of your choice. im not too familiar with them because i have very little interest for them.
the dealership might be your best bet to install it, or get it installed at the same place you bought the kit from. either place/business should be able to reprogram all of the new buttons on the new key fob to to all of the functions your old one did, and then also program one of them to start the car.

my cousin bought a remote start kit for his trailblazer and went to the dealership to get it installed and they told him they wouldnt install it because it voids the warranty. just fyi.

XMBlackGT1
12-19-2004, 08:24 AM
my cousin bought a remote start kit for his trailblazer and went to the dealership to get it installed and they told him they wouldnt install it because it voids the warranty. just fyi.

Thats what I did with one of my other GAGT's- and it voided the warranty. Thats why I wanted to go with a GM brand remote start that could be programed into my stock keyless entry system remote that came with the car. I am just wondering if there is a product out there by GM.

xxbackhillxx
12-19-2004, 01:13 PM
steal one from a cadillac or from a car with the remote start option :)

actually i think any remote start no matter what brand will void the warranty.

carsarecool
12-19-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah i looked into getting one put in, the guy asked what kind of car i had and he told me its an extra 40 bucks for another piece of wiring (i think thats what it was) to make the starter work with our PASSlock system and that would probly void the warranty. of course my car is well out of warranty but for you 2001+ guys... also this wasnt at a dealer. the stealership should have somethin for you, if you buy and get it installed with them it cant void the warranty.

iceman
12-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Thats what I did with one of my other GAGT's- and it voided the warranty. .

buzzz... it voids nothing. Know your rights w/ afetrmarket equipment

Hodge
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
i got one, but don't ahve the warranty ... and personally i don't like it because it cranks too much because i have a 4 banger.. i mean it's nice sometimes, but in the weather lately, i don't wanna use it.