Question on 92-95 Grand AM GT [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Question on 92-95 Grand AM GT

Violator
12-19-2004, 04:10 PM
I recently purchased a 93 GAGT as a fixer upper. I was putting the underdash panels on after I put the computer back and noticed a black box with a harness connected to it. It is mounted to the cover that is on the passenger side. I have not a clue about what it is, of there is anyone that has some info please let me know

applexpanther
12-19-2004, 04:21 PM
probably some sort of other computer thingie..theres one in the 01 grand ams....though that doesnt mean its the same thing..it could be or have a similar purpose. OR i have no idea what im talking about really and u should just pretend i didnt post anything. lol

Matt95GT
12-20-2004, 07:51 AM
There's nothing factory mounted to that cover, other than the courtesy lamp that lights the floormat area. Also, both ECM and airbag modules (tho u won't have that in the 93) are in a silver case.

My guess, aftermarket alarm or keyless module.

Violator
12-26-2004, 08:17 PM
I added some pictures above

Azrael
12-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I have that too. Only mine's glued to the top of the slide-out glove box. I have no idea what it's for either other than getting in the way when taking the dash apart.

Matt95GT
12-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Hmmm, I can't see the passenger side one very well. Not sure what that is.

My 94 has one similar to the one on the driver side... but it is mounted up underneath somewhere. It could possibly be the same module - they made some small changes to the dash panels (and chassis wiring) between 93-94. I know it is related to one of the 3 options my 95 doesn't have - power windows (doubt), keyless entry (most likely) or power mirrors (doubt)

The actual keyless entry receiver module is in the trunk, driver side wall. There may be additional modules related to it... like turning on the lights etc.

korbendallas68
12-28-2004, 04:09 PM
It might be a 'exhaust temperature warning chime'

Thats what it looks like in my '93 parts catalog.

digitalquirk
12-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Why not unplug it and see what stops working?

Violator
01-14-2005, 07:20 PM
Got my factory service manual today and found out what the module is on the RH side........ its called a EVO module (Electronic Variable Orfice Module) So Apparently I have Speed sensitive steering. Tomorrow I'll look under my PS pump for the electronics.