wheel/rotor/hub question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wheel/rotor/hub question

mr03SCT
12-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi,

I have attached a diagram.

I changed my rotors and pads over the weekend on both the front and rear. I noticed the front wheels are not flush with the hub even though the new rotors are as far back as they can possibly go and wheels are tightened to spec. all bolts were tightened to spec. Car seems to drive fine and brakes are better then before but the front wheels are 3-4mm off the hub. I did not look at this before I took the front wheels off so I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be.

The rears were flush before and flush after I replace the rotors back there.

What I am trying to say is the rears are flush with the hub. The fronts stick out a bit.

and these are stock rims.

mr03SCT
12-20-2004, 11:01 AM
anyone?

preed4962
12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Is what you are trying to show there the stud going through the wheel? So it is the stud that is sitting back inside of the wheel a bit? Did you measure to see if the stud lengths are the same for the front and back? It could just be that the studs for the back wheels are longer than the studs on the front wheels. If this is not what you are describing, than you need a better diagram... It could also be that the new rotors that you have, have a slightly taller 'hat' (the area where the holes are drilled for the studs). This wouldn't worry me too much...

preed4962
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
I keep thinking of other possibilities... sorry.. Even if the stud lengths are the same, it could be a difference in 'hat' size between the front and rear rotors... Again, I wouldn't worry too much about it...

mr03SCT
12-20-2004, 02:38 PM
the picture is of the wheel with the hub/axle...its not the studs that are the problem.

preed4962
12-21-2004, 11:06 AM
then I need a better diagram

mr03SCT
12-22-2004, 06:03 AM
i will take a picture today and post it later...thanks for the help though.