LIM Repair - Push Rod / Rocker Arm Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : LIM Repair - Push Rod / Rocker Arm Question

Draug
12-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Greetings,

I am currently replacing my LIM gasket in a 99 GA GT. I have stripped everything off the engine, and am to the point where I take off the valve covers, and both intakes. I havent done that yet though. I havent done much internal engine work on my own (have done lots of gaskets, pumps, etc), so I am a little hesitant.

Regarding the Push Rods and Rocker Arms... Of course you keep the push rods in order, and keep the top at the top. Do you have to have the engine at top dead center and preload the push rods - putting in only 1/2 of them in at a time like the old V8's? Is there any procedure for putting them back in?

Also, I found in another thread that the tech torque for the Rocker Arm bolts is 164 in-lbs (14 ft-lbs) plus 30 degrees. What does it mean, "plus 30 degrees"?

Thanks,
Draug

eric99gt
12-21-2004, 07:14 PM
pushrod replacement is easy. Just keep everything in the same order ya took it off and all is fine. no worries about tdc or preloading. As for the 30 degrees. It means to to 14ft lbs. Then once there turn the wrench another 30 degs.