dash kits [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : dash kits

GrandNasty
12-21-2004, 08:09 PM
does any1 know if these carbon dash vinyl kits are nice if they are worth 100 bucks?or are they cheap crap thats a big hassle

02andahalfgt
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
Do you mean the universal stick on kits, or the ultragraphics stuff when you send them your stock pieces? Ultragraphics is the better of the two but it's still not that great. There's a thread from not too long ago by cavingman and his stuff started to crack and peal.

5-lO
12-21-2004, 08:48 PM
I can paint it any color you want for much cheaper... stick on dash kits are cheap IMO.

Hexx
12-21-2004, 09:26 PM
Do you mean the universal stick on kits, or the ultragraphics stuff when you send them your stock pieces? Ultragraphics is the better of the two but it's still not that great. There's a thread from not too long ago by cavingman and his stuff started to crack and peal.

Yeah but that was because his stuff WAS painted before and the water transfer didnt adhere to the plastic like its suppose to due to the fact that the paint already had done this....or this is at least what I remember/gathered from the thread.

If you have stock pieces and want a NICE touch to them, do the ultragraphic thing...the stick on stuff looks tacky IMHO because it does not cover everything on the trim.

GTLUVA
12-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Ultra Graphics all the way. Heck I'm every interior part in my car done. I have the diamond plated for my speedo and radio trim. I have the carbon fiber grahics for about 20 different little pieces. No problems with their products. Mine even shine at night they have that nice glossy look to them :)