Windshield Wiper Motor Crapped out, need some HELP!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wiper Motor Crapped out, need some HELP!!!

BadGT471
12-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Hey guys,

I believe that the windshield wiper motor on my 2002 GAGT has crapped out on me. The car has 36,500 miles on it, and I am now out of warranty. I didn't get the extended warranty on the car because I plan on trading it in by 60K miles. Anyways, I think the motor has died because when I use my wipers, sometimes they will just stop and not function for different periods of times. Anyways, since I am NOT under warranty anymore, and when I had the dealership look at it right before warranty ended of course they couldn't duplicate the problem. Heres my question, can I get one of these motors at like Autozone? I heard you can get a rebuilt one for like $50? Also, how hard are these to install? Is this a project that I need to goto the dealership for, or is it something that I could probably tackle on my own? How many motors are there? Is there one for the wipers AND the washer fluid sprayer? If anyone could help me out, that would be great....

Thanks,
Jeff

brsexton
12-25-2004, 07:25 PM
If they have it on file that you had it in for that problem, they should still fix it under warranty.

BTarb24
12-26-2004, 09:04 AM
if that particular dealer wont, then call GM and politely complain.