Ga Gt shift 1st to 2nd ??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Ga Gt shift 1st to 2nd ???

Gamguy
12-24-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm selling my car and the girls step father looked at it and drove it the other day and said the tranny feels alittle strange to him. It's been like this since I've had it 58k now has 87k.

What it does....

Sometimes when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear it has a delay in the shift and/or the power being reapplied. It kinda weird and annoying but nothing I thought was so bad that I brought it to a tranny shop and I'm usually anal about cars. Most slow rpm shift on a hill but full throttle its fine 99% of the time

Anyone have this or know what it could be ? She still wants the car but it bugged me he commented on it like it could possibly fail.

andrewe77
12-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Common problem on high milage GAs. Mine does it and I took it to the dealer and they found no problems.

eric99gt
12-24-2004, 12:15 PM
do a search....i beleive it's a problem with the shift solenoid.

Malaclypse
12-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Its called "Torque management" in the PCM. It decreases engine torque through shifts to increase the life of the transmission. Normal.

eric99gt
12-24-2004, 01:41 PM
not what he's describing....I'm not even sure our PCM's do that. What he's describing is a problem similar to what other members have experienced on here.

andrewe77
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
I don't believe it's a solenoid problem because my transmission has been shifting fine this winter and was having the 1-2 shift problem last summer. Therefore, I believe it is a heat related problem in the transmission.

Gamguy
12-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Mine does it alot somedays and then not at all others. It's weird and annoying as hell. This car has been a royal pain in the ass since day 1. High pressure line for steering pump at 59k $300+ , head gasket at 75k $1000 a bunch of little sh*t along the way and now hearing this :rage:

I have liked many things about this car but this and now the Chevy Truck with only 50k miles now came with a Gm certified but knocks sometimes which I learn is a common problem on the 6.0L small blocks. A squeek at idle sometimes and the dealer never heard nothing. I bring it in leave it overnight and nothing. Then another friend says a dealer told him if it knocks for up to a minute its ok. BS if you ask me.

I'm starting to hate GM as a whole.

Jap companies look like the way to go and I hate saying that. I know so many with american car problems and have too many friends with Jap cars that laugh at us.

The good thing she still wants it and is buying it buy the new year

Gamguy
12-24-2004, 03:32 PM
Sorry to bitch guys but it just angers me knowing these cars deteriate so quick. 100k should be a minimum for this stuff to happen.

Thanks guys for the help though I love these forums for the quick and helpful replies

andrewe77
12-24-2004, 05:40 PM
I have to agree.

I get the GM employee discount and I highly doubt I'll be getting a Pontiac again in the future unless it's a Vibe. We bought my wife a Saturn Vue and a BIG selling point was the Honda 3.5L engine and transmission.

Gamguy
12-24-2004, 07:32 PM
Oh btw I had my tranny flushed at 62k and then filled with Mobil 1 tranny fluid which is full synthetic. I'm sure that is not a good thing. Wish I knew then.