CAI Install for an Ecotec 2.2 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : CAI Install for an Ecotec 2.2

rabbitt1100
12-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Ok, hopefully you guys know what elbo adapter I need or if its another type of filter/adapter that I'm missing, but my cold air intake doesnt fit with my engine. When I remove the whole air intake system I can see where it goes and the cone filter sits (behind batter) but my problem is how does it mount to the rest of it? In the picture you see the black box in the front center thats black with the red lines painted acrossed it, thats where I'm running into my problem. Does it connect to that unit or am I supposed to remove that and have some type of elbo or another filter unit in there? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thank you.

Go to this site to see a picture of my engine, perhaps it will help give you a better idea of what I'm missing or doing wrong. If you guys know how to actually post the picture in the post, please do that for me. Thanks.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rabbitt1100/detail?.dir=b3db&.dnm=9ac5.jpg&.src=ph

tenspeed
12-24-2004, 10:00 AM
On the installation pictures I have seen, the black box with the red stripes is removed too. A 90* elbow goes onto the throttle body.

Check around in the "performance" and "2.2L" section. Someone has to have a picture of it.

edit: perhaps the 2.2L is different. Here's a shot from cardomain that shows the box still in place.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/03xgaxse

rabbitt1100
12-24-2004, 01:51 PM
Well my question with that is that you can see the CAI tube run down behind the wheel-well where it pulls in the air from and it doesnt look to have a cone filter. Well the CAI I have is only long enough to reach behind the battery where I have a cone filter for it, is this going to cause problems with my air intake? Perhaps I should just sell what I have, I believe it is a Stage 1 CAI for a V6 is my problem, I'll have to get the one like he has from APOC or something like that... I dont know, I'll toy around with it when I get my polebarn cleared of all the stuff in there and do some work on it then. Thank you for the research on that link for me.