anyboby seen a 5 speed 2001 grand am gt? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : anyboby seen a 5 speed 2001 grand am gt?

jimmyb
12-26-2004, 08:03 AM
right now i have a automatic but i am desperatley searching for a 5 speed so i can get that and be the total sleeper that no one knows about! I talked to alot of people at rsm racing and they said that they are working on a possible transmission swap for the grand am. my question is, what kind od problems fall into play when doing a auto tranny swap to a stick?

02andahalfgt
12-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Do a search, there are a ton of threads on this topic. It's been talked about forever, but no one has actually attempted to make a '99+ GT into a 5spd.

Ridenour
12-26-2004, 04:48 PM
well first of all, having it stick aint exactly gonna make you a "sleeper", but like Jon said, do a search cause lots of people have asked about that on here before. Main issues would be: making it fit right, getting the PCM to programmed right so that it doesn't think it has an automatic, and a whole bunch of good stuff relating to drivetrain and crap like that, specially if its gonna be RWD. From what I've read around here, it's a huge pain and not worth it.

jimmyb
12-27-2004, 01:25 PM
thinkg for the info. should i trust rsm racing and think that they know what they are talking about?

Kdawg207
12-27-2004, 01:47 PM
they do know they're stuff....