Help, SES - P1374 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help, SES - P1374

intence
12-26-2004, 06:40 PM
After getting my LIM gaskets and head gaskets changed, my SES engine is now on. It's not flashing, but after getting the code read I found that it's:

DTC P1374 Crankshaft Position (CKP) High to Low Resolution Frequency Correlation

I did a search here, but didn't find much info. I believe there are 2 sensors, but if anyone has any help or troubleshooting steps to try and fix this, i'd really appreciate it.

Is it possible that something's been damaged internally (I don't think I could have done anything with the crank) or is it likely just a sensor? I had the light turned off, but it just came on later, how can I tell if it's something internal to the motor, or the sensor?

Anyway, i'd appreciate ANY help that anyone has.

MetaGTP1
12-26-2004, 08:23 PM
The CPS have been damaged when your repairs were done. :)

intence
12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the reply! What's the CPS? Crankshaft position Sensor? Also where is it located? Is it inside of outside the block?

Any idea on the cost of the sensor? Is it difficult to replace? I went through a nightmare getting the LIM/Head Gasket replaced, and I really don't want the car going back there.

The car seems to be running fine, so i'm guessing the crankshaft itself should be okay? Hopefully it sounds like a sensor issue?

intence
12-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Is it likely that the lower sensor could have been damaged? The car seems to run fine, and from what I understand the code gets thrown if the readings don't correlate between the lower and upper sensor?

MetaGTP1
12-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the reply! What's the CPS? Crankshaft position Sensor? Also where is it located? Is it inside of outside the block?

Any idea on the cost of the sensor? Is it difficult to replace? I went through a nightmare getting the LIM/Head Gasket replaced, and I really don't want the car going back there.

The car seems to be running fine, so i'm guessing the crankshaft itself should be okay? Hopefully it sounds like a sensor issue?Yes, CPS is the Crankshaft Position Sensor.

intence
12-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Thanks KmanGT1,

So basically just check to see if there's voltage coming out from the CPS, and if not, get it replaced?

MetaGTP1
12-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Thanks KmanGT1,

So basically just check to see if there's voltage coming out from the CPS, and if not, get it replaced?That's the way to go. :)

intence
12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
I've got my work cut out for me this weekend, i'll try and figure out which one is dead :(

It's not dangerous to drive the car in it's current state though is it? From what i've read it just means slightly worse fuel economy?

MetaGTP1
12-29-2004, 12:25 PM
I've got my work cut out for me this weekend, i'll try and figure out which one is dead :(

It's not dangerous to drive the car in it's current state though is it? From what i've read it just means slightly worse fuel economy?It will probably run a bit rough and yes, fuel economy will be off.

intence
01-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Didn't get a chance to check the voltage today (will try tomorrow, started raining!). If something was put back together incorrectly when I had the LIM fixed, is it possible that the readings from the CAM sensor are off, and causing the values not to match?

Does P1374 indicate a mismatch between the two Crankshaft sensors (3x and 18x) or between the Crankshaft and Camshaft sensor readings?

intence
01-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Thought i'd post the results here in case anyone gets the error:

-Checked for output from the lower sensor (manually turned the motor, and read the voltage using a proper). Alternated between 0 and 10V seems good.

-Upper sensor was outputting within spec too. Around 800mV if I remember correctly.

-So both sensors seem to be working, signal probably isn't getting to the PCM, top sensor goes through the Ignition Control Module, changed that out, and the problem went away!