Rear Defroster [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rear Defroster

Chrisr1984
12-26-2004, 09:32 PM
My driver side rear defroster fell off the window the metal piece that the wire connects to anyone know how to fix that. please help me ASAP

Apollyon9515
12-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Yea when i had my windows retinted the morons ripped half of the strips off the back. Someone told me it was a easy fix but i dont remeber how or where to get it. sux to nmot be able to see out back window

Matt95GT
12-27-2004, 11:18 AM
This happened to my rear defogger as well... it decided to de-solder itself while the rear seat was occupied. "Matt, there's something burning back here!" :doh: My fears were that the system started a trunk fire... I was relieved to see the solder blob that dripped onto the plastic, and thankfully not on my passengers.

Getting the metal tab on was a real PIA. I masked the area with cardboard, cleaned up the tab well, 'tinned' the tab with solder, heat it up well, and soldered it back on. This was not an easy soldering job... there were many tries and alot of cursing involved. I wouldn't attempt it unless you are confident you are at least an intermediate-skilled solderer. And no pencil-tip soldering irons here... use something strong.. I used a 100 watt soldering gun.

Chrisr1984
12-27-2004, 01:51 PM
thanks for the help i was going to solder it but i found a repair kit at NAPA that seemed to fix hit thanks for the help