Help!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!

ozorowsky
12-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Ok, guys I have a friend who is a GREAT guy and has been trying desperately to get this car running for his wife. His wife has a Pontiac Grand Prix, (99 I think) I guess someone changed oil, and motor caught FIRE!!! Well he has a trashed Grand Prix GTP next to it, and we need to get GTP motor (Supposedly still runs) into the Grand Prix. 1) Where do you guys go for parts for a grand prix? 2) Please tell me there's a writeup or something on how to do this? I am not a mechanic, but I do all my own work on my camaro and desperately want to help this guy out. He's really a good guy, just needs HELP. If anyone can give me some pointers on where to start, it would be REALLY helpful. I'm SURE I can do the swap, but is there anything I need to know about swapping a gtp motor into a grand prix. Doesn't need to be anything pretty just has to run and do the job get his wife from point a to point b. Please help thanks.

SC/TGrandAm
12-28-2004, 12:26 AM
I dont know how in the sam hell your motor would catch fire from an oil change, but step one would be to go after the person or company that changed the oil. They are held liable unfortunately and need to pay up.

ozorowsky
12-28-2004, 01:30 AM
i guess it was from his friend or something, but who knows he says he just needs to get the motor replaced. Can I just buy one haines manual and swap the motor out? WE have motor pullers, etc. and a few mechanics in area that do work for shop on occasion that will help, I just want to do MOST of the work. So any and all help would be greatly appreciated. If knows where any online writeups are, please let me know thanks.

MetaGTP1
12-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Ok, guys I have a friend who is a GREAT guy and has been trying desperately to get this car running for his wife. His wife has a Pontiac Grand Prix, (99 I think) I guess someone changed oil, and motor caught FIRE!!! Well he has a trashed Grand Prix GTP next to it, and we need to get GTP motor (Supposedly still runs) into the Grand Prix. 1) Where do you guys go for parts for a grand prix? 2) Please tell me there's a writeup or something on how to do this? I am not a mechanic, but I do all my own work on my camaro and desperately want to help this guy out. He's really a good guy, just needs HELP. If anyone can give me some pointers on where to start, it would be REALLY helpful. I'm SURE I can do the swap, but is there anything I need to know about swapping a gtp motor into a grand prix. Doesn't need to be anything pretty just has to run and do the job get his wife from point a to point b. Please help thanks.Check www.clubgp.com.

ozorowsky
12-28-2004, 09:41 AM
thx