HELP... Problems after putting gas in [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP... Problems after putting gas in

ja3dawg
12-28-2004, 07:34 AM
i have a 99 GaSe v6... love the car... only thing that bugs me is when i put gas in it and start her up she goes to about 1000rpms then dies... to get her outta the station i have to start her on neutral and give her some gas... then drop it to drive... =T ... i changed out the sparks and wires... im thinking its the fuel pump/filter... any other ideas? not sure if i want to spend 500 if it could be a different fix... always fill her up with 91 octane and never let the gas light turn on...

andrewe77
12-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Why are you using 91 octane? YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY! The car is not designed to run on it. Switch back to 87 and see if that helps.

ja3dawg
12-28-2004, 08:14 AM
thats not it actually put 87 before... and it was the same... i find that it runs better when i have 91 in there... same with my other car...

VaGT
12-29-2004, 03:33 PM
i find that it runs better when i have 91 in there... same with my other car...

All in your head.

coupe
12-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Not is it only all in your head but where do you get 91? Iv never seen anything lower than 92. All i ever see is 87,89 or 92 or 93 but never 91. I have DHP so for me runing a high octain is a must but it is not a must for you since you have no advanced timing.

Malaclypse
12-30-2004, 12:56 AM
Find your fuel pressure regulator. Its near the TB and bolted on to the fuel rail. Pull off the vacuum line next time you fill up with gas and see if fuel is in the vacuum line (it shouldn't be).

The only other thing I can think of is you might be topping off your car a little too much. The vapors from the fuel build up quickly in the EVAP system and are released as soon as you turn the key on. This could possibly cause your engine to stall.