Burning Smell [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Burning Smell

Mike
12-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 99 gt and i have a burning smell coming from under the hood after the car has been driven. It kind of smells like burnt plastic. Also the car has been blowing out severly hot heat. It is so hot that i have to turn it down. The heat is just so hot and it is has been near 0 around here. The car seems to be warming up quicker than previous winters. The car is also running a little above 200 degrees when it is real cold out. The oil is good, coolant level is good, everything looks good, it just smells really bad when pulled into the garage. I would appreciate your input. Thanks Mike

andrewe77
12-29-2004, 08:57 AM
If you changed your oil recently, some may have gotten on the exhaust manifold or pipes. I'd also check the wiring harnesses to make sure none of them are touching any hot exhaust parts.

tenspeed
12-29-2004, 09:58 AM
There was another plastic burning smell question. That guy had a shopping bag stuck to the exhaust pipe.

CoopGT
12-29-2004, 12:00 PM
There was another plastic burning smell question. That guy had a shopping bag stuck to the exhaust pipe.
Yup that happened to me once . God that stunk for a couple of weeks even after I got the bag off . Left a nice stain on the Stainless steel too . :nono: