Intake Gasket Question Re-Repair costs? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Intake Gasket Question Re-Repair costs?

VaGT
12-30-2004, 07:51 AM
I think I have an oil leak (seeing spots on the ground). I was a victim of the Intake Gasket leak at about 35,000 miles and had it fixed under warantee. If this is again the source of the leak, will GM or the dealer help cover the costs of fixing it again? The car has 60K miles on it.

I shouldn't have to pay full price for around a $1,000 repair job that was supposed to be fixed when the car was under warantee.

I hate this car....

tjc13
12-31-2004, 01:36 PM
I am pretty sure the dealer won't fix the LIM leak again for free... But here's what you could do (IT WORKED FOR ME) Go back to the GM dealer that fixed your LIM leak the first time. Tell them that you think it is leaking again and you want them to check it. If they come back and tell you that it is leaking again ask to talk to the SERVICE MANAGER. Tell the Manager that the repair didn't even last as long as the original gasket did. He may or may not do anything for you. Assuming he says that there is nothing they can do but rape you for another $800 leave without getting mad. Then call 1-800-222-1020 (GM) tell them that you have a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am GT and have had the LIM gasket repaired once. Say that the first repair was done under warranty at 35,000 miles and not even 25,000 miles later it is leaking again. Tell them that this is not right and you want them to do something about it. For me I got the bill split 25% me and 75% GM. There is a couple of things that you might have to tell GM and they'll call the dealer but just go along with it, it worked for me.

Tom

eaglesrealm
12-31-2004, 02:07 PM
I agree with Tom, but make sure they realize that you do not expect to pay any or very little of this repair if it is the LIM again. For me, I got GM to pay for all but $150. I found this to be tolerable and fair. Mine failed for the first time at about 70,000 miles.

luniz
12-31-2004, 02:30 PM
When my window regulator went out, they only had me pay $100 even though I was at 43,000. Always ask to speak to the manager and call the 1800 number posted above.