o2 sim [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : o2 sim

2kramairGT
12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
I think I may be the only one who plugged this thing into the upper 02 sensor harness, the one near the coil packs. I bought it when i got my SSheaders but never installed it and didnt bother to look at directions on PFYC.com bc i got it used and it didnt say where to put it. I drove only two days with it plugged in there, so i guess i want to know if this is bad for the pcm or anything???

It doesnt stop codes in that spot :doh:

H.O. Driver
12-30-2004, 03:58 PM
I think I may be the only one who plugged this thing into the upper 02 sensor harness, the one near the coil packs. I bought it when i got my SSheaders but never installed it and didnt bother to look at directions on PFYC.com bc i got it used and it didnt say where to put it. I drove only two days with it plugged in there, so i guess i want to know if this is bad for the pcm or anything???

It doesnt stop codes in that spot :doh:
Um, yea, really bad, the casper's o2 sim sends a flat signal to the PCM, its enough to not throw codes, but its not the signal it needs from the front o2 sensor, I really don't know the effects it will have from being up there, but if you put your o2 sensor back in it should run quite a bit better than what it was.

GTPprix
12-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Hahahah probably did a number on your engine thuogh lol

2kramairGT
12-31-2004, 03:27 PM
IM sure its fine, it was only there for 1 day. I put it in the rear and i passed PA inspection with the headers. Im happy, I just hope that I did my LIM gasket job good and that no more codes come up.