Spark Plugs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs

badboy2451
12-30-2004, 04:09 PM
so i just did my first oil change (PITA ) and switched to the mobil 1 full synthetic.. and now I want to change my spark plugs

the thing is, i just turned over 49000 and i was told it was too early to change them, but my car is a 99...so my question is, should i throw them in or what??

NorKoastal
12-30-2004, 04:16 PM
Change them. I have a 2000 and could feel the difference.... If you think the oil change was a PITA wait till you change the plugs...

Braves299
12-30-2004, 04:32 PM
If you think the oil change was a PITA wait till you change the plugs...

u stole the words from my mouth. how is changing the oil difficult on these cars?if u have a jack, u should be able to do it.

Draug
12-30-2004, 05:41 PM
u stole the words from my mouth. how is changing the oil difficult on these cars?if u have a jack, u should be able to do it.

The worst thing about changing the oil is that it runs all the way down the front of your engine when you take off the filter.

Is it so hard to place a filter on an engine so you dont make a mess when it is changed?!?!?

NorKoastal
12-30-2004, 06:48 PM
The worst thing about changing the oil is that it runs all the way down the front of your engine when you take off the filter.

Is it so hard to place a filter on an engine so you dont make a mess when it is changed?!?!?

Are you taking off the plastic shield before changing the filter??

badboy2451
12-30-2004, 06:56 PM
yea, i dint take the shield off before i tried, so i could barely even get the fliter out from under the car...it was pretty easy on my 94, so i figured it wouldn't be too hard. guess i was wrong

Draug
12-31-2004, 02:47 AM
Are you taking off the plastic shield before changing the filter??

Yes I am, but oil still runs down the front of the engine. I can only imagine how hard it would be without removing that guard.

eaglesrealm
12-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Are you letting the oil drain for awhile out of the oilpan before taking out the filter?
I usually get a little bit dripping down when I remove the filter, but nothing really bad.
Only when I try and change it with the oil too hot still - one burn onto my hand and I have dropped the crap faster than I could say ouch :)

Yes, the plugs are a PITA!!!