HELP with Directauto.com Chrome Alteeza Tail Lights [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Directauto.com Chrome Alteeza Tail Lights

NMGrandAmGT
12-30-2004, 07:03 PM
I ordered the Crhome Alteeza Tail Lights from directauto.com and they arrived today. They are not what I expected. I thought that you could just reconnect the wiring to them but you can't. Do you have to make your own modifications? Has anyone ordered from them? Please help!

GALover
12-30-2004, 07:13 PM
Found the link:
http://store.yahoo.com/dpstore/pontiac1.html
Thought it might help. But I don't know the ansewr to your question.

NMGrandAmGT
12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
I know, that is where I ordered them from. I just thought that by just unplugging the wiring from the old tail lights and inserting them into the new one would be it, but you can't do that. They don't have a connection to it at all. Then I thought maybe you could take out the back of the old tail light with the bulbs and place it into the new ones, but you can't do that either. I am so disappointed.

rabbitt1100
12-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Take your stockers out and cut the wire that has the adapter that plugs into the car wireing about 2 inches away from the plug itself. Do the same on the wires coming from the Altezza lights, strip the wires so you have 1/4" - 1/2" bare wire on both sides, twist them together, solder them, wire-nut them, do what you gotta do to make it work. After that you have your Altezza tails with the stock plugs, plug them into the wires coming from the car and pop those bad boys in, they should work fine. Just make sure you wire them correctly so you dont have to deal with reversed polarity issues or anything. To have you reverse lights going off when you hit the blinker would suck. Good Luck