throttel pos **** up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : throttel pos **** up

jasonwolffjb
12-30-2004, 09:20 PM
i jsut bought a TPS ( throttle positions sensor ) and it worked fine but after about 20 miles when my car shifted gears it made a big clunk and a jerk and after that i could no longer down shift to blow by people i could slowly accelarate but never automaticlly down shift into passing gear what the **** ...oh wait maybe i installed it wrong ....when i installed it it told me NOT TO HAVE ENGINE RUNNING WHILE I TEST IT but i did ( remeber im the dumbass ) when i realized this i tested it right but since i tested it wrong the first time do you think i ****ed it up ...so i am asking if any one else made this stupid simple mistake and to see what the problem is....

...ALSO every once in a while happening more and more....when i accelarate i can feel ( and see on my tac ) my car " heaving " forward like a horses head when it runs...its not major but suddle and my tac shows it as well it goes back and forth a notch on the tac but then it stops got any anwsers?

dxtreme_85
12-30-2004, 09:23 PM
I say....take it out....and drive your car for a few hundred miles...let the car relearn everything, might not even need to wait that long. Possibly disconnecting the batter for a bit may help....I don't know...just throwing out ideas here..

anybody else..?????

BiHStL
12-31-2004, 01:02 AM
I say....take it out....and drive your car for a few hundred miles...let the car relearn everything, might not even need to wait that long. Possibly disconnecting the batter for a bit may help....I don't know...just throwing out ideas here..

anybody else..?????

agreed, take it out, if you want to be at WOt, just smash your foot on the damn gas, that position sensor personally seems like a ripoff to me!

ram444
12-31-2004, 01:22 AM
agreed too all statements made here today. JK. sounds like good advice.

RedGrandTour
12-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Those things break easily, I think from the engine heat. Take it out and unplug your car battery for an hour. If you get a high idle or something later, you can replace the stock TPS with one from Auto Zone.