fog lights completely gone [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fog lights completely gone

ho99gt
01-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Fog lights worked when first purchased the'99 GAGT. After maybe 4 months they stopped working altogether. Light on switch is not working. Lights are good! Relay is good,fuse is good. Also when i flip the switch to on position, I can hear the relay clicking so that is also good.
So is there a common problem with something from the relay to the foglights themselves? Or just something in the wiring that anyone can think of?

darhl
01-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Did you actually test the continuity/voltage on the relay, or just based it on the clicking sound? A relay may sound like it is good, but the contacts may be barely touching each other and not enough current can pass through.

ho99gt
01-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Yes I had it tested with a voltmeter. I was just saying that to help with the info on what was going on with the fog lights

2kramairGT
05-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Did you figure out what was wrong with your fogs?? Mine are the same as yours, even makexz the click nopise when turned on but dont work. Help appreciated.

action
05-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Did you replace the bulbs??? They'll blow really fast if there's any moisture in the light housing.